PCOS symptoms after surgery?

tpasun
on 6/16/14 11:42 pm

been dealing with PCOS and all the embarrasing symptoms since I was about 12.  I'm having RNY, probably in August. Can't wait! My question is... after surgery, did you notice improvement in symptoms? Periods get anywhere near normal? I have really bad facial hair, has that gotten any better for anyone? what about the dark patches of skin?

ReginaPhelange
on 6/24/14 7:47 am
RNY on 02/24/14

I am 4 months post op today down 66lbs.  I have had 2 normal periods in the last 4 months.  I feel like I am getting ready for a 3rd.  The facial hair is less!!!!

I am starting to feel like a girl again!

I only have 1 dark patch and it is on my elbow... I don't worry much about it.  Now for the first time in 20 years I am starting to worry about Birth control

GoodLuck!!!  So far I have NO Regrets!!!

RNY 2/24/14. HW 274ish. SW 259 GW 135

LalahRose
on 7/30/14 5:12 am - Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

Hi, I'm having RNY in August, too. Toronto East General with Dr. Cyriak. I have PCOS and dark hairs on my arms, dark patches, skin tags. Hope it goes well for you!

Amelie2005
on 8/14/14 6:01 am - Metairie, LA

I had RNY July 2010 and lost 125 lbs. I still struggle with the facial hair as it has not gotten any better with the weight loss. I still get painful cysts on my ovaries from time to time.  My skin tags and dark patches of skin have disappeared and my acne prone skin has completely cleared up. 

Everyone has different results so good luck with your surgery and I hope that all of your PCOS symptoms disappear.

Amelie 

Colleen

Alinnessa
on 9/18/14 3:09 pm - Boston, MA

I have pcos too and was concerned if the surgery would help me loose weight and help with pcos symptoms. After a 1 month post surgery I have lost 26-27 pounds and my period came in twice in one month. I haven't noticed anything else yet. But you will loose weight I am a proof slow but you will. 

Alinnessa
on 9/18/14 3:09 pm - Boston, MA

I have pcos too and was concerned if the surgery would help me loose weight and help with pcos symptoms. After a 1 month post surgery I have lost 26-27 pounds and my period came in twice in one month. I haven't noticed anything else yet. But you will loose weight I am a proof slow but you will. 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views