Today I join the Cysterhood!

HLChan
on 11/3/16 3:23 pm - Sandy Springs, GA

I got the diagnosis officially today.  I have PCOS.  I'm not glad to have it..but I am glad to have a name and face to the problem and now be able to work on treatment!  My new GYN said the Endometrial Ablation I had in 2011 was a good thing in helping treat my PCOS (before I even knew I had it).  I'm not sure how or why my last GYN didn't figure out the PCOS.  But she did kind of make me feel more like I was a wallet walking in the door than a patient she was trying to help.  My new GYN is helping me find a new/better PCP as well!  I have a good friend who has PCOS and it is because of her that I became aware of it and started reading about it.  Just remember...you do not have to have cysts on your ovaries to have PolyCystic Ovarian Syndrome!

Heather the Newb!

Hiraeth
on 1/20/17 10:32 am
VSG on 08/04/16

I have it as well! My cysts come and go. Do you have excess hair grown? If so, Spironolactone is amazing at treating it. It's a diuretic that doesn't affect potassium, which is awesome. At first, I was skeptical because I thought there was no way a diuretic could help with excessive hair growth. But let me tell you, it really works. My excess lip and chin hair wasn't severe (it's blonde and light brown), but I noticed it, and that was enough for me to hate it. Just a few months of taking Spironolactone, I noticed the hair above my lip and on my chin was almost unnoticeable. :)

I'm glad your new GYN is helping you. Shame on your old one for neglecting a condition that is not hard to detect.

For me, PCOS is just ugh... Painful cramps, very irregular periods, ovulation pain, ovarian spasms, excess hair, and weight gain. But my WLS has helped me lose a lot of weight. :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3595 views