Wondering how the surgery affects the PCOS symptoms

mwilson
on 9/18/03 11:24 pm - Lake Villa, IL
I have had PCOS since I was 18 (I am now 33) I am having Open RNY on October 6th 2003 and would like to know how any other post ops are doing with their PCOS symptoms after surgery.
KWoollery
on 9/25/03 2:47 am - BERMUDA, BERMUDA
Hi Mitchelle I also was diagnosed with PCOS. I am 37yrs old and had the surgery in April 2003. I am now five months out and have just had my first period without meds. I hope I continue to be regular and hubby and I plan to try for another baby(already have a 16yr old son) in January. I started out at 298 and as of today I am 230. I think I am a slow loser, but I am greatful. If you like, my direct e-mail address is [email protected] Good luck
Julie V.
on 9/25/03 4:01 am - Savage, MN
I haven't had my surgery yet, but I do have PCOS and it sucks! I have heard that some of the symptoms go away. Some women don't have to shave anymore and some still do. I have heard the skin tags go away. And I know of three people on this site who are pregnant now that couldn't before. All in all it sounds very hopeful. I am praying that this surgery will help some of my symptoms. If you want to talk, let me know. [email protected]
Carol K.
on 11/18/03 9:55 pm - Marshalltown, IA
I am wondering the same thing. I'm scheduled for Dec 16th. How are you doing and are your PCOS sympoms getting better? I've had PCOS for they think years but only diagnosed since 01. Please let me know.
Tammy F.
on 11/30/03 2:27 am - Fishers, IN
I too have PCOS. I'm 38 now and wasn't diagnosed until I was 28 after suffering years of symptoms. I had Open RNY on 11/21/03 and am anxious to see how the surgery affects my PCOS. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find much "official" documentation on the affects the surgery has had on PCOS so I was excited to at least find this forum here! Tammy
Debbie J.
on 1/27/04 6:23 pm - Reno, NV
I am 40 yrs old & was dx with pcos about 10 yrs ago, but I think I had it for many years before. I have been on glucophage since diagnoses. My endocrinologist has advised that he wants me off the glucophage after my gastric bypass surgery. After 20 yrs of irregular periods and other symptoms, I am wondering how this surgery will effect my pcos? Any advice appreciated!
jpulley
on 2/23/04 11:00 am - raleigh, nc
I was diagnosed with pcos in may,2003. I think i have had it for many many years. I am 36. I was also wondering if the surgery would help? I would love to get pregnant and stop taking glucophage 500x3. Let me know if you have any luck. I do not have a surgery date yet. I am in the beginning stages. Jewel
Susan B.
on 4/27/04 9:53 pm - Lawrenceville, ga
Hey all fellow PCOS'ers. I had surgery in Feb. 2004. It's been 10 weeks and I've lost 38 lbs. This is expedentially slower than most sho have RNY, but doc says that PCOS people lose slower than others. He assures me that it does come off, just a lot slower. Note: beware of hormone suges, I have the most intense mood swings.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views