Any advice from post ops or anyone with info?

Donna M.
on 3/30/04 8:15 am - Long Beach, CA
I too have all those horrible side effects of PCOS. I am 3 weeks post op, and besides the weight, the thing I look forward to most is not having to shave my face every day. Its so embarassing and quite a hastle. I truly hope it goes away. For me, that was part of my decision to have WLS. Has anyone here had the pleasure of losing the hirusitism? I also want to get pregnant once on the "other side". Anyone have any luck with that? Thanks for any advice/info! -Donna
kelli72
on 3/30/04 9:19 pm - ma
well, I am 9 weeks out and the hair is still there!!!!! Granted it is only really bad near my period but I can tell you this, I have been normal since I had surgery, meaning that I get my periods ontime and they are not painful or mnths apart!!! so I say maybe we will see it all go away!!!! I still have alot of weight to lose so its still early, As you, because of this pcos I also decided to have this surgery, Keeping in my prayers that we are all cured of this nasty disease.
Linda L.
on 4/2/04 3:21 am - Schaumburg, IL
regular periods??? now wouldn't that be a treat! hehe - I'm thinking if that ever happens to me I'll get tired of it down the line, but right now I'd love the feeling of being "normal". When it comes to hirsuitism, I think you have to lose a bit of weight before you notice a difference, also your hormones need to "calm down" after the surgery. But I'm almost sure it will get better, all tho I doubt it will disappear all together. Linda
Tera G.
on 6/20/04 4:18 am - Lexington, KY
Donna, I am almost 1 year post-op. I never had the hair problem but most of the other symptoms I did have. High BP, dark spots, no period, it has all gone away. I started my period about 3 or 4 weeks after my surgery. I was very nervous about getting pg so I started on the pill. Also, you never really know when or where it is going to happen when you have PCOS so I wanted to know. Anyway, I quit the pill in Feb. For the past 3 months I have been very regular every 28 to 30 days. I even suspect I have been ovulating. Which is not something that happens with PCOS. I wanted to see if my cycle would go back to normal and so far it has. I have lost around 90lbs. They docs always tell us "lose some weight and your cycle will regulate" I guess they were right. Hang in there and just see what happens. We are planning on trying to get pg sometime the end of this year. good luck to you. Tera
adelpha23marke
on 3/25/06 7:59 am - Prestonsburg, KY
I too hope the hair problem goes away, i was always told by my doctors loose my weight and everything else will go away too.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1043 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views