New to Group PCOSer here!!!

Tracy Ta Da
on 4/20/04 1:52 pm - Hurst, TX
Hi everyone...I have been diagnosed with PSOC in the past, all though not treated with more than birth control. I had hair all over my face, which laser treatments have taken care of....only since losing 75 pounds have I gotten back my period on a more 'normal' basis, without birth control. I still don't know if I REALLY have it, I am not trying to get pregnant, so it's hard to know. But I am glad to have found this board because I have support and knowledge to share and I hope to gain some as well!!!! Nice to be here! Tracy Ta Da! -75 Open RNY 12/31/04
lori2778
on 4/25/04 4:45 am - North West, PA
Tracy... i am so surprised to hear that the laser worked... so many people i talk to that have Pcos seem to say that it didn't work for them. I had looked into it previously, but stopped when so many said it would be a waste of time. I know that i somehow lost 80lbs in college and the PCOs regulated itself. do you have dark skinn on your anckles, elbows, knees,knuckles and/ or back of neck? those are some other signs of pcos... I know when mine was under control, that wll went away, but since the birth of my daughter and the return of ALL the weight, it has come back too! If you have any questions, let me know i'll help if i can. also, i found a wonderfully informative website at www.soulcysters.com! Good luck. ~Lori
Tracy Ta Da
on 4/29/04 4:12 am - Hurst, TX
The lasering has not STOPPED the growth....but it's SOOOOO much lighter and sparser...that alone is worth it for me. Tracy ps. They have to treat you after you get symptoms under control and also, treat hair in CYCLES, not every week. Like every two months.
Kristy T.
on 4/29/04 4:07 am - Stockton, CA
The dark skin is called acanthosis nigricans and is associated with insulin imbalances, most commonly diabetes and insulin resistance. Great job on the -75lbs! Kristy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views