Wondering if I have PCOS?

Kelle W
on 4/27/04 8:19 am - Atlanta, GA
My gyn has told me before I most "likely" have PCOS but I've never been specifically tested. What are the symptoms? I don't have regular periods without bc pills.....I wasn't on the pill the whole time I was married and never got pregnant. Of course I attribute this all to my weight, but how can I know if it's just the weight or PCOS? Thanks! Kelle
Kristy T.
on 4/29/04 4:03 am - Stockton, CA
Hi Kelle! The most common symptoms of PCOS are irregular periods and ovulation (or lack of them), increased body hair growth, head hair loss, unexplained weight gain, insulin resistance, skin tags...the list can go on. Try going to www.soulcysters.com or www.pcosupport.org. That last one has a "quiz" to check your probibility of PCOS. Your doctor can confirm PCOS with a blood test and ultrasound if necessary. Like you I have been off of bcps for years and have yet to get pregnant. You are definately not alone. Please let me know if you have any other questions! Kristy
Bonnie G.
on 3/29/05 6:57 am - atlanta, GA
Hi Kelle. My GYN said she thought I had it too but never did anything about it so I was told by a friend to go see a reproductive endocrinologist because they specialize in it. GYN's normally don't know that much about it. They can do a simple blood test to check and with that and your medical history usually can diagnose you. Best of luck! ~Bonnie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views