IUD and HAIR

MyWlsProgress
on 4/30/04 3:03 pm
Ok have any of you had an IUD? Does it work ok w/ PCOS? Also has anyone had laser removal for facial hair? Are there any medical reasons one would need to get it done? For insurance... Thtanks
Kristy T.
on 5/10/04 5:44 am - Stockton, CA
From what I understand laser hair removal is considered cosmetic and is normally not covered by insurance. I found that the easiest thing for me to do is to shave it. I know it doesn't seem very womanly...but I have quite a bit and frankly it hurts too much to wax it or tweeze it. As for the IUD I personally have not had one but my best friend does. It should work fine with PCOS as long as all you are trying to do is prevent pregnancy. It does this by inabling the fertilized egg to implant..that is all. I hope this helps to answer your questions. Kristy
red
on 8/3/04 2:44 pm - shepherdsville, KY
I have a friend who had a very bad time with hair all over her face,she kept Nair in business.She went for a Laser treatment about 2 years ago,It took about four or five treatments,but WELL WORTH IT !!! No her insurance idin't pay for it,go & get a consult anyway,you will be glad ya did.Brittany.( her skin was very pretty & smooth afterwards too )
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1044 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2990 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views