missed periods

kelly L.
on 3/29/05 10:06 am - wylie, TX
ok.... i have pcos but ive missed my period for almost 4 months is that normal >>> this is the longest ive ever gone plz help
msdeeza
on 3/29/05 10:40 am - Ft Worth, TX
Hi! I have pcos and have gone for much longer than that w/o a period before. I know it's hard to get used to but I want to say I went for like 8 or 9 months. I didn't see this group was listed here and am quite excited to talk withouthers who have the same thing. Have you already had WLS? I'm hoping to and am going to an informational meeting in Ft Worth Wed night. Anne
kelly L.
on 3/30/05 1:19 am - wylie, TX
no i am hoping to have the surgery... my insurance turned me down due to an exclusion in the policy so i am lookin for a different route... i am tryin to do an appeal so we will see how that goes... where is the info. meeting in fort worth. im very intereted in going plz let me know thanks kel
Ann
on 8/21/05 7:01 am - Simi Valley, CA
I've gone like 6 to 8 months before, it's not good for your body but it happens with PCOD. I'm post op and waiting for that sign that my PCOD is getting less sever with the weight loss. So far, still a long time between periods though! Ann
Tammy C.
on 3/29/05 10:58 am - PA
My gyn said it could be a problem going more than 3 months. If it was me I would go to my gyn. I have pcos also. I have been brushed off for a long time. I finally found an endochrinologist(sp?) that takes it seriously. It is a hormone problem, not just about the female parts of our body. I am having complications from the pcos. Diabetes has crept in and I just had my left ovary and my uterus removed due to problems. I am not trying to scare you but this can lead to more complications in the future. I pray you don't have any more problems but I would go see a gyn about the absence of your period. Hope this helps and doesn't scare you. PS I am older too. 36 to be exact. I have had problems since I started my period. And I do have 3 birthed children. Be blessed, Tammy
Tammy C.
on 3/29/05 11:01 am - PA
I want to make sure everyone understands that I did have 3 children even though I have pcos. There is hope. I just don't want to freak anyone out just passing information that I received from my gyn and endo. Tammy
Ann
on 8/21/05 7:06 am - Simi Valley, CA
Hi Tammy, so it's not impossible to conceive with PCOD???? What can happen so bad with the ovaries and uterus that they need to be removed. That did scare me because I'm 37 and still am hoping to have at least one child with the weight loss surgery, I"m hoping it gets my PCOD under control so I can conceive eventually/...
Tammy C.
on 10/7/05 2:17 pm - PA
I had an ovarian cyst invert back into my ovary and it grew to 8mm and I also had 2 cysts (7mm) each. I was having pain going down my leg and I was bleeding with extreme clots. I was wearing diapers to bed when I got my period. It was extreme. I asked them to leave my right ovary in because of the hormone imbalance in my body. My testosterone was 3-4 times the amount that a woman should have. I didn't want to go on any more medication than I had to. I am on metformin,lisinopril (for kidneys) and tri-cor(for liver). This disease affects more than your female parts. Please take it seriously. I am still praying that I can some day have this surgery. My insurance company will not cover it. My Drs. are in dismay!!! I have 5 doctors, including my kidney Doctor tell me this surgery would reverse all of these problems. I am angry because they (ins) think of $$$$$$ instead of lives! There is hope to have babies!!!! I had 3 healthy babies! Bless you and your family! Tammy
msdeeza
on 3/30/05 6:31 am - Ft Worth, TX
The meeting is in Hurst at the Specialty Surgery Center of Ft Worth. It's at 7:00. The address is 1717 Precinct Line Rd. Call them to let them know you are coming - i don't think they'll turn anyone away though. The number is 817.520.4000. It was an add in Monday's paper. See you there? Anne
Kristy T.
on 4/12/05 4:29 pm - Stockton, CA
It is for PCOS...I actually went almost 3 years without a period...of course I had no idea what PCOS was or what was wrong with me. My OB/GYN suggests taking a dose of Provera to induce a withdrawl bleed every 90 days just to keep the risk of later developing endometrial cancer down. You might want to check into also seeing an endocrinologist as women with PCOS often also have insulin issues (either Insulin Resistance or Diabetes). Are you taking any kinds of medications now? Glucophage or Metformin (generic) is often given to women with PCOS pre-op. You may also want to rule out pregnancy because we ovulate at odd times. I hope this helps... Kristy 254/149/130
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views