Hey Ladies

Ambitious
on 5/25/05 10:18 am - Havertown, PA
Think back to right after surgery please...I had surgery in April. Now in May I've had two periods already and I'm due for my "regular period" in less than a week. I am on birth control. I take them faithfully. I have PCOS. Someone told me that because of the hephren shots they give you in the hospital after surgery it can cause your periods to be out of wack the next month. If anyone has any advise, suggestions, or experienced similiar affects after bypass please, please, let me know. I can't get in to see my GYN until July. I am a little worried! Thanks for your time, Samaria
Kristy T.
on 5/26/05 8:13 am - Stockton, CA
Are you on the pill?? I would advise another form of birth control if you are only because we have malabsorbtion and have a high possibility of not absorbing enough of the pill for it to be effective. As for the Hephren shots...that's the first I heard of them...since you've already have 2 "periods" it sound to me like your body is not absorbing the bcp appropriately. You don't want to get pregnant yet so until you can get in to see your OB/GYN use a 2nd form of birth control. Right after surgery I went on the Seasonale pill (12 weeks and then a week off) because I thought I would be fine. Well, 8 weeks into the pills I started my period although it was light, it was there. My OB had my stop the pills so my body would just have a good period and then he put me on an alternative form. Since I was just under 200 lbs (and I'm talkin' 198 lbs) he put me on the Ortho-Evra patch and I'm lovin it! I hope this helps! Kristy
Dinka Doo
on 5/31/05 12:06 am - Medford, OR
My cycles were crazy and didn't get regulated for about 11 months. At first I had a 2 periods like clockwork. Then I had nothing for a couple months. Then I had a 6 week long period. Then it started in a little more regular, but quite heavy and painful. Then I started having them 3 weeks apart for a couple months. Now they seem to have settled into a 30-40 day cycle or so without BCP's. I don't think the pill is going to keep your body from going through this - just an uneducated guess. The reason for that being that as you lose weight, your hormone levels change. Fat stores estrogen so you will be releasing that as you lose weight. It takes time to regulate for some. I wouldn't worry too much about it if it were me, but if you feel uncomfortable, definitely check with your doc. Peace of mind can only come from knowing for sure that all is okay. Dina
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2987 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3597 views