Pregnancy after wls

Liz H.
on 6/24/05 5:51 pm - Tulare, CA
I got pregnant just 7 months after my surgery and stopped losing. When I was ready to resume exercising and weight loss I found out I was pregnant again, With twins!! Now I have gained back 130 of the 200 I lost and have PCOS. I didn't have it before wls. I don't know if they are connected. It is very easy for some to get pregnant after surgery. Even while using birth control. 2/3 of the pregnancies I have known of after the surgery were multiples also. Good Luck
Carrie R.
on 6/28/05 3:29 pm - Cleveland, OH
My surgeon has told me and my husband we have to sleep in seperate rooms, he doesnt want us trying until at least 2 years post-op .... by then I am going to be as normal as I can get ... PCOS has been linked to rapid weight gain .... and insulin resistance ... at least that is what my GYN told me. That is how she found out I had it ... through blood tests. Weight loss has a big effect on your cycle ... and once it because regular and your hormones are in balance it is extremely easy to get pregnant. I hope you are happy about having the children ... and I hope that you get a chance to use your "tool" .... best of luck Carrie
Ann
on 7/19/05 8:43 am - Simi Valley, CA
I'm glad I popped onto this board. I hope what you are saying is true Carrie, and I hope I'm as lucky as you Liz. I just turned 38 and have severe PCOD. I am 8 weeks out from WLS and am hoping to maximize the next year and a half with the loss...and praying it will solve my hormone problems....At my previous weight (and still I'm sure) our fertility doc said with the PCOD combined even the major fertility drugs probably wouldn't kick my ovaries into producing. I hope that the loss really helps that much and we can conceive easily when my 2 years are up (my doc said the same)....Any other sucess stories you've heard about after WLS and the PCOD not being such a factor in pregnancy? Thanks for the input, Ann
TNkelligirl
on 7/25/05 11:31 am - LaVergne, TN
Ann, Your fertility doc was right. My husband and I did an IVF cycle 2 years ago and the only thing they could pinpoint it failing from was my obesity. The fertility doc told me I had to get below a certain BMI before he would let me do another cycle. Hence, my WLS last October. I am well under that BMI now and hope that my gastric surgeon will release me in October to do another IVF cycle as I am 40. Oh, and as for the PCOD, the fertility doc said it was likely I'd had it my whole life, yet in my 20's I had 5 pregnancies/4 live births so PCOD sometimes comes without the infertility. Good luck to you all. Kelly in TN Open RNY 10/19/04 383/363/229/165
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views