Any Suggestions, facial hair removal in hospital.

RN
on 9/2/05 8:43 pm - Muskegon, MI
Hi, I was diagonosed with PCO in 1986, went through allot of crap and then had to have a hysterectomy in 2004. My question is, those of you who have facial hair, what did you do to take care of it while in the hospital? Like the day after your WLS? I have facial hair bad! I shave every day, and could probably shave twice a day as that five o'clock shadow really does excist! I hate it!!! I do know that I will never get rid of it, as once the hair folicle has been stimulated, growing hair, it will continue to do so. I can't afford electrolisis, for I am sure it would take at least a year, at once a week. Thanx!!
heatherevond
on 9/3/05 12:31 pm - Madison, AL
I'm not sure how thick your hair is .. but I can go a few extra days or even weeks with waxing. With shaving I am doing it twice a day. Maybe waxing the worst of the areas will help you relax while you are in the hospital. Good luck on your surgery. *hugs* Heather
RN
on 9/3/05 6:01 pm - Muskegon, MI
Thanx Heather! I have very thick, course hair and it is terrible. I have tried the "home" waxing, but it never seems to work, or I am not getting the right product. I don't know if I don't let the hair get long enough or what, but it seems to only pull out very few. Do you go someplace and have yours done or do it at home? If at home, what product do you use? Thanx so much!!! Hugs!
heatherevond
on 9/3/05 10:46 pm - Madison, AL
I go to someplace in the mall. The nail salons do waxing now and it's normally in a private room. I wouldn't shave a day or two before (the hair has to be long enough for the wax to grasp). My face is too sensitive for the depilitory creams (I'm very fair skinned), but that might be an option for you. Good Luck!! Heather
Susan "Losin"
on 9/4/05 3:03 am - Parkersburg, WV
I brought my razor with me (I use a triple blade) and just quickly shave when I wash my face in the morning. You can ask the nurse to help you if you are too sleepy or weak...believe me...they've seen it all and will not think badly of you for it!!! I usually shave in the shower after the warm water has softened the hair a bit. Use a warm washcloth the same way. Whatever you do, don't use leg hair remover on your face or neck!!!!!!!!!!!! I did that ONCE a few years ago and had a horrible rash for like 3 days!!! Susan
RN
on 9/7/05 8:51 pm - Muskegon, MI
Thanx so much!
Dinka Doo
on 9/14/05 7:44 pm - Medford, OR
I just plucked but honestly I didn't care what I looked like in the hospital. Horrible, but true. I am doing electrolysis right now and it's about $20 a session. I started out once a week for a month and then went to every other week after that. Sometimes it goes a little longer if I have her do my eyebrows but it's not much more. Shop around and I'm sure you'll find someone who is not too expensive. Also, Vaniqa is supposed to suppress the growth. I know it's spendy but it can help. The woman who does my electrolysis said I could use it in conjunction with the electrolysis as well. That would mean you could go longer between visits. Electrolysis isn't overnight though. The coarser the hair the longer it takes. I've been going for maybe 6 months and I suspect a couple more months will have it kicked for the most part. Hope that helps! Dina
J S.
on 9/14/05 10:00 pm - VA
I spent a lot of money on electrolysis - weekly visits for over a year. Then we moved, so I tried laser - bad, bad experience and I never went back. Now, I just go for a waxing every few weeks. By the way are you on spironolactone? It helps with the androgenic behaviors in our body (excessive male-pattern hair growth, etc.) Peace, Jeanne
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1036 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2978 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3592 views