Shaving? Makeup??

sngglnclos
on 10/3/05 2:16 am - sw burbs, MN
Hi Everyone! First I have to say...OMG i'm not alone!! What a wonderful feeling that is. I'd like to know from the ladies that have to shave their face everyday what type of make up base do you use? I personally try to find someone with lasting coverage, worried about that shadow showing through :O(
DunsSun
on 10/6/05 4:32 am - NJ
Hi Ali - Saw your message on the main board. I think there are a LOT of us PCOSers on this website. Personally I don't have a lot of hair growth so can't offer much help there - But I can tell you that after I put a post on the Pregnancy after WLS board I discovered a TON of people w/ PCOS who have had WLS. So hopefully someone will come & help you out. Also - There is a PCOS support web page - just can't think of the address right now - do some surfing and see what you find! Good luck and God Bless! Holly Chadwick
sngglnclos
on 10/7/05 1:23 am - sw burbs, MN
thanks HOlly I think you are talking about soulcysters.com?? It is a great website! alot of info and it made me realize that I wasn't alone. have a great weekend!
Gigee
on 10/6/05 8:34 am - Newark, DE
i haven't been able to discover one yet that works... i gave up trying years ago so i'm guessing there is something out there, i just quit looking for it. i actually found that the shadow shows less without foundation. so i do full makeup excluding foundation and powder. my shadow was once much worse, then i was put on aldactone with slowed the hair grown down some on my face. i still shave once a day and if i am going out at night and want to look my bestest ever, i will shave again before i go out. since wls i have stopped taking the aldactone for that little bugger caused ulcers!! i've been off of it for 3 months now. i'll see how it goes. if the shadow comes back in a bad way, i'll go back on it and told my surgeon this. he said we'll deal with it when the time comes and that it means i'll probably take the ulcer meds for life as preventative if you do find something that covers that shadow well, let me know, i'll be willing to give it a try! Gigee
sngglnclos
on 10/6/05 11:54 pm - sw burbs, MN
Hi Gigee I use the ColorStay makeup from Revlon. It works pretty good! I wanted to see what others were using incase there is something better out there!! I would give it try...coverage for me is veryyyyyyyy good...i don't leave the house without it.
meghan
on 10/9/05 2:29 am - Lakewood, CO
I took aldactone before surgery, and after, then after about 8 months started struggling with low blood pressure, fighting dehydration and becoming light headed and dizzy ( I had to have IV fluids 2x)... My regular PCP didnt know what was causing it and the symptoms continued for a while. My husbands WLS surgeon was the one who told me this is a side effect of the Aldactone...it can cause low blood pressure.. So you may want to keep that in mind if you start taking it again. My hair growth has come back now that I've been off of the aldactone for about 4 months. I am off to see a endocrinologist in a few weeks to see what tricks she may have up her sleeve... The dermotologist suggested laser hair removal. He said it isnt permanent but in will slow the the hair growth down considerably and will also help with the acne, and dark spots... But its pretty expensive... I use MAC foundation. It works pretty well. And doesnt cause me to break out. Good luck! Meghan
Gigee
on 10/10/05 4:47 am - Newark, DE
I'll definitely try the MAC foundation. I was having some of the same problems with Aldactone and I have a feeling they will not allow me to go back on the same dosage I was on pre-op which was 200 mg a day. Let me know if your demotologist offers you any new ideas I would certainly be interested in hearing about them. Best of luck to you! Gigee
Darlene X
on 10/7/05 8:07 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yup, Im cursed with a full beard, I have to shave daily. I get horrible razor burn because I have sensitive skin. I never used to wear much make-up, and started getting more and more self-conscious, so the last 4-5 months Ive been trying 10 or so different foundations. My hubby started giving me a hard time, telling me not to wear make-up--- so we ended up having a huge heart to heart talk one night, with the facial hair issue coming out into the open. It was a taboo topic, we both just had this mutual silence about it. Anyway the best Ive found so far is a cover girl foundation. I cant remember what its called, I'll have to look when I get home and post its name. Its something like "Continuous wear"?? Something like that.
Dedicated
on 10/14/05 12:59 pm - Eleva, WI
My best defense. I exfoliate every morning prior to shaving. I always shave in the shower. I don't get the razer burn, etc. if I exfoliate first. I have tried some extremely expensive foundations, coverups, etc. Professional stuff, specifically made for those with major facial deformaties, etc. NOTHING has worked 100% My sister did not have it as bad as I do. She had her hair lazered away. Took about 10 sessions at about $100-200 each time. Now she gets a hair here and there and after a few sprout, she heads in for another treatment. You'd never know she has this issue. Nothing will get rid of it forever. Lots of hairs are dormant under the skin for years. After all this, I am waiting to invest in the lazer stuff until I can get the weight loss back on board and deal with the hormones raging, the acne and the other lovely pcos junk.
DeniseinVA
on 10/19/05 11:30 am - Midlothian, VA
I thought I was the only one with this problem. I have been shaving 2x a day for 10 years. I am hoping to have lazer surgery before having WLS. I use regular maybelle base but I take a neutral colored blusher and apply it on top of the base so that the base stays put. I hate the fact that I have to shave more than my husband. PCOS is a nightmare. I have had this since I am 24 years old and I am now 42. Denise
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1042 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2989 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3600 views