PCOS AND Endometriosis! UGH!

Melissa B.
on 11/17/05 9:57 am - Northern, KY
I've knowingly had PCOS for 12 years, but I just got back from my Reproductive Endocrinologist's office and I now have Endo too. GOOD GOD, I am never going to have a child!! Which was one of the major reasons for having surgery to begin with. I will start all of the fertility tests in July at one year post-op, but I am feeling very very discouraged right now. Does anyone have both and has been able to conceive? Thanks ladies, Your fertility stricken friend, Melissa
Artisticchik
on 11/17/05 1:14 pm - Ewa Beach, HI
Yes I have both and was able to conceive with fertility treatments, however I was unable to carry my pregnancy to term and ended up delivering him at 27 weeks. So when you go get pregnant keep your feet up and be as inactive as you possibly can and if you feel anything suspicious GO to the doctor IMMEDIATELY. Stephanie
luvnhim
on 1/9/06 2:50 am - Dallas, TX
Hi Melissa, I know it's been a while since you posted, I'm just now seeing it. I just wanted to give you a hopefull "story"~ Mine I have both Endo & PCOS. I was dx probably 10 + years ago, well before I wanted children. I had the laproscopy to burn the endo, and the Dr told me & then BF (now dh) "that having children is going to be difficult" I was horified that he actualy said that to my bf! Uggh! Anyway,... fast forward 4 years. We got married sep 1st, and so much to our surprise, I found out I was due with our first child june 3rd! 9 months and 2 days after our wedding! Talk about a wedding gift! I was on the pill, and we were using condoms... so there went any idea of "safe sex!!!" yikes. So yes, it is possible~ I'm not saying this to make it seem so easy, I just want you to know it's not an infertility sentence! Enjoy trying... thats the fun part We are trying for our second right now... I'm not go exspect it to be that easy this time, but one can hope... right!? lol Feel free to email me, I have lots of info if you'd like more support. Baby dust to you! ~Jessica (btw, all that was b4 wls, so it's deffinetly possible- and my preg was great! I'd much rather be preg the deal with the endo cramps!!!!!!!)
kacydaniel
on 1/10/06 12:11 am - Hiram, GA
Dont be discouraged, I have both also and have for about 10+ years. I know several people that have children. You have to have faith and not give up. Do exactly what the doctor says. If he says to stand on your head afterwards then you need to do so. Sorry to be so blunt but we have to work extra hard to get prego. {{{HUGS}}} Kacy
Most Active
Recent Topics
Supplements
Mandee C. · 3 replies · 1040 views
momof4Nready4me · 4 replies · 2985 views
Teenager with PCOS
briceand4 · 0 replies · 3596 views