sciatic pain

CW
on 5/12/09 9:35 am - Western, CO
Hi everyone,
I had my 32-33 week check up today and told my Dr about my horrible sciatic, leg pain that I have been having.  He pretty much said that it is just an annoyance of pregnancy and there is nothing they can do to help it. 
I don't know what to do.  This pain feels like a pinched nerve in my butt, and also my left thigh is numb and burning feeling.  It is almost unbearable when it is really hurting.  Tylenol doesn't seem to help, neither does a maternity belt or sitting on an ice pack.  
I don't know if I should go back to the chiropractor and see if that helps, it didn't a month ago. 
Anyone have this and something helped??? 
I only have 6 weeks left, but can't imagine living with this for 6 more weeks.
Thanks for any ideas,
Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)
mini goal, pre pregnancy weight!

Liz R.
on 5/12/09 9:50 am - Easton, PA
Sometimes it takes more then a few sessions at the chiropractor to get some relief - but then if you keep up with it it does help. I have pretty bad back issues so I go once a month - I haven' tbeen in about 2 months because of scheduling issues but I am going to make an appointment for thursday - I don't want to let it get too out of hand again.

Hope that you can get some relief!!

Liz
CW
on 5/12/09 10:07 am - Western, CO
Thanks Liz.  I used to go all the time and it helped with other pains, but haven't kept up lately.  The one I like is 1 hour away, but I might have to make the time to go and keep going. 
I will schedule an appt tomorrow. 

Lilypie - (D7uA)

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 9:52 am - Hico, TX
RNY on 01/29/08 with
I had it horrible with my son 9 years ago. So bad i had to get in my jeep backwards, butt first and pick up each leg with my hands to get in the jeep. I was so embarassed in public. It finally did pass, about 3-4 weeks after i delivered him. I never went to the Chiropractor....so maybe you can get some relief from that.

Good Luck to you!
CW
on 5/12/09 10:09 am - Western, CO
Thanks Heather.  I can't wait for this to go away, just seems so far away.  I will give the chiropractor another try and keep going for  awhile to see if that helps.  Can't hurt I guess.

Lilypie - (D7uA)

BethD
on 5/12/09 10:21 am - Winder, GA

Oh Chrissy that sounds awful I wish I had some words of wisdom to help relieve it but I really don't know as I have never really had any issues...knock on wood!!
I do hope it goes away faster than it came for you though!!
and WOW six weeks! It is getting sooooo CLOSE are you ready???

Beth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
CW
on 5/12/09 10:51 am - Western, CO
Thanks Beth.  I hope that I just wake up one morning and the baby moved into a different position and the pain is gone.  I know, 6 weeks seems so close but yet so far!  The room is almost painted, just need to do a few touch ups.  Then need to move the furniture in, and the exercise stuff out.  I need to find a new changing table or dresser in white since we got a white crib instead of the natural color that we had last time.  I am sure the baby won't care if they don't match but it would be nice to have the same color.  So no, I am not ready but am sure it will come together soon.
How are you feeling?  You are cruising right along too!
Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)

biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 10:49 am
I'm sorry you're still dealing with this, Chrissy!!

My baby did himself a flip to head down and I MUCH prefer that position !  Not only did it get rid of my sciatica, but it also is much more comfy to lay on my back (which I try not to do for long). 

I wish I had some magic answer for you! 

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

CW
on 5/12/09 10:55 am - Western, CO
Thanks Cindy.  My dr thought that he felt his head the last time he checked my cervix, so don't know if he has a big ol noggin or what.  Maybe he will turn around or something?? 
Glad your little guy moved and made you more comfortable, that was nice of him :) 

Lilypie - (D7uA)

Spencerb52
on 5/12/09 11:25 am
Ouch! I had everything BUT sciatica pain, but I've heard it's unbearable.
In the warm bathtub, if you take an ice cube and run it along your belly, it can entice baby to flip or move, and maybe let off the nerve a bit? Other than the chiro, how about prenatal massage? They can often target trouble areas (they did great with my pain issues). Another alternative treatment is acupuncture, if you're open to it.

I'm so sorry and I hope you find relief soon. Six weeks feels like forever when you're in constant pain!

Hugs,

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views