Oh the BH contractions!

biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 10:58 am

I didn't realize contractions felt like this!   Since 4:30 this morning  they start up high making me feel like I'm going to vomit and then move their way downward making me feel like I'm going to have urgent diahrea.

UGH. 

I'd take sudden sharp pains, but noooooo....this is like a squeezing griping stomach flu that won't quit!

Doctor isn't concerned unless they start being regular -- now they come every 8 minutes or 10 minutes or 12 minutes... no pattern.  No bleeding, no water breaking....  

I have drank 80+ oz today - same as yesterday.  I don't think I am dehydrated.  I will drink another 20 oz before bed. 

I tried laying still, I tried moving around, I tried a hot shower, I tried eating.....no difference.

In between contractions the baby is moving  way more than he ever has....he's doing some gymnastics in there!

Is this just something I live with then until I go into labor ??? 

Cindy

Surgery on 4/25/05 , Dr. Alverdy in Chicago.  God Bless the DS !!!
Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

CW
on 5/12/09 11:05 am - Western, CO
Ugh, we are just pieces of work!  I have never had real labor so can't imagine what it feels like, but that doesn't sound like fun. 
Hope it goes away soon, and that they don't get regular. 
Wonder if a warm bath would help? 
Chrissy

Lilypie - (D7uA)
mini goal, pre pregnancy weight!

biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 11:12 am

It's not fun!  This happened a week and a hal*****oo...but I ended up in L&D being given some blessed muscle relaxer. 

I hope tonight I can try a warm bath or something else to get rid of these! 

At this point I'm willing to try anything! 

All I know is after we have our sweet babies in our arms we'll forget this pain !  (or at least that's what I am being told!)

Cindy

Highest Weight = 412lbs, Surgery Weight = 359lbs, Current Weight = 155lbs (5'7" tall)http://www.picturetrail.com/gid8138761
 Lilypie

Spencerb52
on 5/12/09 11:11 am
The pre-labor contractions are frustrating and painful, I agree! I found a warm shower helped a little. I bought Therma Care (I think that's the brand) menstrual heat wraps. They are activated by air and they're what our L&D dept uses. They have adhesive so can stay in place rather well.
The Dr offered Ambien sleep Rx if it got bad, but I didn't want to take anything.

Hang in there, and try to remember that the contractions are actually helping your baby's lungs mature and your uterus get "into shape" for the real thing ahead. Small comfort, I know!

Hugs,

Jo
DS:9 yrs old / DD:5 yrs old / DS: 1 yr old

"Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward." -Soren Kierkegaard-
biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 11:15 am
Thanks, Jo!

The heat wraps sound like a great idea.  It'll be nice for while sitting at my desk working.... 

I guess if there has to be a bright side I am happy these things are helping the baby learn to breath, etc. 

My boss keeps telling me the more "practice" my body gets now the easier it will be when the real time comes.

I just don't understand why I can't have a few BH contractions a day (Spread out) insead of every 1.5 weeks an entire day of non-stop contractions! 

Thanks for the info!

Cindy

Lilypie

AnnS
on 5/12/09 11:53 am - Smyrna, GA
Oh Cindy....

I am so sorry....I too did not have contractions so I have no idea.....but I hope they subside and you can get comfortable....the last few weeks for me were so uncomfortable....mainly trying to get comfy in bed....I moved to the pillow between my legs and Tylenol PM :)

Big Hugs,

Ann

preview image

biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 10:09 pm

Thanks, Ann!

I guess I should be thankful I didn't have these contractions until week 35 --- my sister in law had them since week 20 with both her pregnancies! 

I do the pillow between my legs too!  I'm strongly considering the Tylenol PM!

Thanks again,

Cindy

Lilypie

SHANNYN B.
on 5/12/09 12:29 pm
Well thats not good! I hope it gets better for you. I know the pains hurt like heck and nothing big really helps them. Just wanted to say I wish you the best!!!
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

biggeekgirl
on 5/12/09 10:10 pm

I appreciate it, Shannyn!

They are better today....  just mild which I can handle.   I keep telling myself they are good for the baby!

Cindy

Lilypie

Bailey's Mommy!
on 5/12/09 2:49 pm - Sacramento, CA
Ugh - I hear you girl!!!! Hang in there - you are almost at the end :)
Dawn Momma to:
Bailey Rachelle Renee 8/21/07, Baby #2 in heaven 4/12/08,
Isabella Ava Rose 6 18/09
, Carter Kenneth 7/14/10

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views