Question about rash on Aethyn's neck

Rebecca S.
on 5/12/09 12:52 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with
Aethyn has had this rash on his neck for a couple of weeks now....what can I put on it to make it better?  Not sure if I should take him into the Doctor or not...I am going to call tomorrow and see what they say, but what can I do in the mean time?  I have been putting a little vasaline on it and it helps for a little while but once it wears off it is dry and peels.  I know it is not uncommon for babies to get this....I keep it as clean and dry as I can, but it just doesn't seem to be healing.  Thanks for any suggestions.  Here are the only pictures I could get of it...they are really bad pictures but it was hard to get him to look away from the camara...LOL!!
TIA!

AethynsNeck2.jpg picture by BeccaDoll83

AethynsNeck.jpg picture by BeccaDoll83

Becca laugh-9/2007laugh-10/2012 (Forever in our !)

Lilypie - (pVjW)Lilypie - (Trlr)

*Malena* M.
on 5/12/09 1:17 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 Have you tried A&D?  That is my answer to pretty much everything.  It won't hurt it by any means.  Any time Libby has an sort of rash on her face or scratch or something I put a little A&D on it.  Rashes go away within an hour or so.  I would try that and see what happens.  Good luck poor little guy.

329 (pre-op) 167 (4-22-10) 150 (lowest and goal Summer 07) 
Wife to Russ and Mommy to Elizabeth "Libby"

Lilypie - (mr7x) 
Lilypie - (FJkW) 
Rebecca S.
on 5/12/09 10:17 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with
I will have to get some Regular A&D...is that what you use....not the cream?   I only have the cream here so maybe I will have to go and get some of the clear stuff.  Thanks for the suggestion....I just don't want to put anything that would hurt him if he stuck his fingers in it and then in his mouth! 

*Malena* M.
on 5/12/09 11:01 pm - Phoenix, AZ
 I would think you could use either, the cream might rub in better so he doesn't get it in his mouth.  I just put a very light layer over rashes that are on her face because I don't want her eating it.  It rubs in and dissolves pretty fast.

329 (pre-op) 167 (4-22-10) 150 (lowest and goal Summer 07) 
Wife to Russ and Mommy to Elizabeth "Libby"

Lilypie - (mr7x) 
Lilypie - (FJkW) 
Jennifer Q.
on 5/12/09 1:29 pm - Newton, NJ
My daughter has the same thing!! I am taking her tomorrow.  I think it is because she is teething and drools and then the bib rubs the area...but I am having her checked out!! I will let you know what my Dr. says.  Good luck.  Oh, she doesnt even notice it.

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Rebecca S.
on 5/12/09 10:18 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with
Thanks....It could be from teething too....he does drool quite a bit...I am sure it doesn't help that he is a puker too.  Hope you doctor has some answers for you also!  I am just afraid to put anything on it that would hurt him if he got it into his mouth somehow! 

Liz R.
on 5/12/09 8:51 pm - Easton, PA
can you use something like a gold bond powder or neosporin on a baby?

Hope that this clears up soon for him!
Rebecca S.
on 5/12/09 10:19 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with
Hmmm....I wonder if I could powder it....Not sure about gold bond or neosporin....I am just afraid he may eat it somehow!  Thanks for the suggestions!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/09 9:32 pm - Naples, ME
That looks like a moisture rash.  I honestly can not remember for the life of me what they told us to do for that.  I will have to get back to you.  But it does go away....let me think for a bit and I will post in a few!! 
Rebecca S.
on 5/12/09 10:22 pm - Platteville, WI
RNY on 12/14/04 with
I am sure it is a moisture rash too...I try to keep it clean and dry....but it is all dry and peeling.  It looks like it should itch the heck out of him, but he doesn't really rub it.  I though maybe
cortisone(SP?) cream, but I am not sure if that is safe for a baby and I am afraid he would eat it!    Any suggestions would be great!  Thanks!!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views