The Thought of food.....

floflo1981
on 5/13/09 1:30 am - Huntsville, AL

Hi Ladies,

Just wanted to see If anyone else was having this problem. I am newly pregnant and haven't really had any morning sickness problems. I am eating small meals and snacks frequently throughout the day and doing pretty well...The only thing I am having trouble with is the thought of some foods. It seems like it is the same foods that right after my RNY I had trouble stomaching the very smell of them. I gag when I think about protein and water...so weird! I am getting my water in although it is a struggle (and never has been before) and I am trying my best with the protein...This may be more common than I realize and really might be "morning sickness" I haven't thrown up or anything just get sick to my stomach at the mear mention of certain foods...

sorry this is so rambly lol I appreciate your input and advice!

(I am very glad for this problem because it means a little one in my arms when it is over so I am not complaining just wondering...)

Have a good day!!
~Flora

Lilypie - (zx1x)

Pre-op 284/Current 180/Goal 145  5'5
Surgery Date:April 23, 2007

Strgln2B Me
on 5/13/09 1:43 am - TN
Ahhh, the joys of pregnancy! LOL I remember those early weeks. My dr. told me to just get down what I could and whatever would stay down. Don't worry too much about anything else. After a while everthing will even back out. HTH!

camerons_mommy
on 5/13/09 1:43 am - Superior, WI
I threw up one time...But the thought of some foods make me gag. I have been sick to my stomach most of the day for a couple days now. Even before I knew I was pregnant I was feeling so tired, sore boobs, and just felt yucky LOL! So I think you are totally normal!

Jackie
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Mommy to Cameron and Connor
Step Mom to Zack, Kat and Becca

Ashlie
on 5/13/09 2:22 am - Big Lake, MN
I have had zero appetite since I became pregnant! It is really frustrating. I never want to eat anything but I know I have to. So many things gross me out that didn't before. Pizza sounds disgusting to me right now for example. Milk is also something that is very hard to drink now that I am pregnant and I am supposed to drink 32oz a day right now. I hope this goes away soon!
Lilypie - (bzQG)

Highest / DOS / Current / Goal / I've lost / Height / Size B4 wls / After wls

435      405      213      184       222        6ft          30/32         14/16

floflo1981
on 5/13/09 3:11 am - Huntsville, AL
Pizza sounds so good to me...I love it anyways and i guess since it is such a combination of "food groups" it sits well with me...weird...I have been wanting more cereal (I use lactaid milk) for breakfast so I am just the opposite...lol

Lilypie - (zx1x)

Pre-op 284/Current 180/Goal 145  5'5
Surgery Date:April 23, 2007

impulseisbeauty
on 5/13/09 3:12 am - Westminster, MD
Sounds about right. I couldn't drink water at all until my 2nd trimester.... Still can't handle my protein shakes... good luck.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

Pam Hart
on 5/13/09 3:14 am - Easton, PA
I had a girlfriend who I clearly remember being pregnant and wrapped up on my front porch in a blanket in the middle of a snow storm because I was making breakfast and was cooking bacon and the mere smell of it made her feel that way

Feel better soon!
Instead of complaining that the rosebush has thorns, be happy that the thorn bush has roses.
Liz R.
on 5/13/09 8:48 am - Easton, PA
I'm right there with you!!! The smell of eggs cooking makes me gag but I have managed to eat them. Crackers and cheese are sitting well and so is pizza - go figure! lol I am just nauseous all day, it comes and goes and I have only thown up once (in the morning brushing my teeth is the WORST!) Hope we feel better soon! I keep telling myself it is for a great reason!

Liz
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views