question about birth control

uNiQuE, iTs wHaT i
Am!

on 5/15/09 10:49 am - Selinsgrove, PA
I have heard that by itself the pill is no longer a suitable form of birth control in preventing pregnancy. However I am asking if there is anyone out there that has used it as a SOLE means of birth control and didn't get pregnant. Thanks!

BTW I cannot do the mirena IUD. My insurance will not pay for it and between vits and food I am tapped out on cash to pay for it out of pocket. Also, just the thought process of how they get that thing in and out scares me and I do not have the pain tolerance level to take it (I still cry like a baby getting my blood drawn).

In a world full of cheerios be a fruit loop!   
Lilypie - (HynR)

260lbs.......148lbs........165lbs
                       Start........Current.......Goal 
                                Goal met 11/23

Pam M.
on 5/15/09 10:56 am - Western, MA
I haven't heard anything about bc pills not being reliable, but I used them exclusively for the first 4 years of my marriage (98-2002) with no pregnancies.  Since then I used the Nuvaring sucessfully for an 18 month stretch (again no pregnancies) and now have the IUD.  I was afraid of the pain but honestly, it was pain free.  The only thing I felt was a pinch when they clamped the speculum thingy in place before the proceedure.  I was worried over nothing.

Good luck!

I am not alone, neither are you. 

Mandy_
on 5/15/09 11:33 am - cincinnati, OH
malabsorption from RNY can make it unreliable.  most doctors will tell you to find another method.

I was on the Patch and it was fine, just don't be late changing it.  :)

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

Andrea U.
on 5/15/09 12:32 pm - Wilson, NC
Dev *.
on 5/15/09 1:00 pm - Austin, TX

How about depo-provera? i used it for 5 years with no trouble at all.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

AnnS
on 5/15/09 10:32 pm - Smyrna, GA
Congrats on your recent WLS.....woooo hoooo! RNY does have malabsorption issues so my GYNO switched me to Nuva Ring and love it......

preview image

Shannon O.
on 5/15/09 10:55 pm - Reading, PA
I used the depo shot for a long time... 1 shot every 3 months... with my isurance it was 10 bucks... where I had to stop using the nuvaring because it was 35 bucks every month... so call your insurance to see what the cost would be for both of those...

triciam
on 5/16/09 7:02 am - riverside, CA
I got pregnant on b/c pills.I just had my 4th baby 11 weeks ago. Irony is with my 1st  2 kids i was on fertility meds and "tried" to get pregnant for soooo many years. My 1st son is 16, my 2nd son is 11... tried all that time in between them with no luck.. then had RNY.. bam..got pregnant after 9 months out with my daughter..We weren't using any BC cause I never  did before and didn't think I would get pregnant with my PCOS and infertility.
this last time I did use  b/c pills and conceived... not sure exactly why....but hear it has to do with RNY and we bypass the meds.. I think I would do something else:-0
best of luck
Tricia
daisy77
on 5/16/09 11:12 pm - WI
I did the Depo shot twice and it really messed me up!  I should have had another shot at the beginning of March and nothing yet.  The doctor just tested my hormones and they are practically nonexistant!  (Even after 2 and a half months off the shot, which I only had twice!)  If you plan on ttc a year or so after surgery I'd be careful about using Depo.  I really wish I wouldn't have!

oh_card_b1Done.jpg

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views