nap ( toddler)

Lexa321
on 3/25/11 5:56 am - weston, FL
.. when did your child give up their nap time?.. my son is 2.5 and he seems to want to give them up... which of course is encourging jaylyn to give up hers as well.. help!
Jennifer Q.
on 3/25/11 6:01 am - Newton, NJ
 ACK!! I am going through this right now!! She is only 2 and 4 months...I thought I had at least another 6 months to a year of napping!! :-(  She took a little one in the car today, like 15 minutes, but that is the first one this week.  I have no advice for you...I am in the same boat!

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Lexa321
on 3/25/11 6:12 am - weston, FL
i ask him if hes tired... he says no.. ohh ok... your barley able to function and your talking to me with your eyes closed... i put him in his bed.. and hes making elephant noises and laughing
chelle614
on 3/25/11 6:22 am - Chester, NY
I stopped making Courtney take an afternoon nap around 3.5. But if we were in the car she would fall asleep until she was about 5.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

DoinItRNY
on 3/25/11 7:22 am, edited 3/25/11 7:23 am
I haven't made my son take a nap since he left daycare last October...he'll be 4 in June. Honestly, I think he was ready to give them up around 3yrs, but he had no choice but to lay down at school. Now he takes 1-2 hr naps on his own...but not every day... I attribute it to growth spurts since kids sleep more during them... he can go 2 weeks without taking a nap and then have a whole week of naps.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Modest Vixen
on 3/25/11 8:15 am - Surprise, AZ
Naps for the boys went away around 3 or 4. Jordyn is just two and already tryng to give them up!  (As I type with her passed out on living room floor because I can't lift to move her to bed lol)

~*Crystal*~

HW-327/SW-313/CW-271/Doc's Goal:150 ......Awaiting Revision to DS     
Post RNY baby born 6 weeks early, Jaelyn Mary Christine May 9th, 2011    

Jennifer Q.
on 3/25/11 9:55 am - Newton, NJ
 Yesterday she sat in her bed and my hubby & I listened to her find all her "booboo's" she is saying "I have a boo boo here and another one here...and another here..." my husband looks at me and says "she sounds like she is covered in injuries!"  When I finally got her up I asked where her boo boo's were and she shows me these tiny little dots here and there!! There was actually one that was a real scratch. LOL

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Shari M.
on 3/25/11 5:23 pm - Wildomar, CA
Emma was done at 2 years 4 months. But, I still had her lay down and 'rest' for another few months and she would occasionally fall asleep. I just made her stay in bed, she could read or play with a doll or sing. I still needed the few minute break with Micah being so young and them never napping at the same time. I say you can't force it. And if he is cranky try a half hour or hour earlier bed time?? GL
Photobucket Photobucket  Micah 18 months, Emma 3

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views