Filthy Friday!!

chelle614
on 3/25/11 3:21 am - Chester, NY
Hi how are you all doing this week? Ready to whip out your weeks aggravations?
Ok...lets see, my rant this week is pregnant women who don't take care of themselves. Ladies who act like pregnancy is a given and healthy babies are automatically handed out on a silver platter. I have been noticing this a lot in the general public for the past few months. Especially in restaurants. My husband does secret shopper visits and auditing on the side. So we get to eat out a lot for free or very little cost- just have to be very observant of what is going on with the staff and guests. Hey, I'm always hungry so it works :)
Anyway I have been seeing a lot of pregnant ladies getting loaded on wine, beer and mixed drinks from the bar in these restaurants. At first I figured they were non-alcoholic.....but when a 3rd trimester stands up from the booth and falls on her face...and laughs.....yeah, a little tipsy indeed.  And their husbands/partners act like it's no big deal. Then I see the smokers....a lot...um. Anyway, the alcohol part really bugs me. And here I feel guilty if I have more than 2 cups of half-caff coffee a day.  I just don't understand why people would endanger their babies this way or the dads who think it's funny.
So what are you all irritated about this lovely friday?

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

MusicMaryn
on 3/25/11 3:43 am, edited 3/25/11 3:43 am - San Jose, CA
UH... WOW!  I live in N. CA and so many people here are very health conscious - you know lotsa tree huggers here.  tee hee.  Anywho... it still blows me away to see anyone smoking.  I quit smoking 6 yrs ago myself and the smell of it makes me sick.  So why in the world in this day and age does a pregnant woman smoke?

Chelle: I hope things are settling down with ur daughter's school. Did you have a talk w/them today?

So... about my rant... I think it would hafta be the women I see out with their kids who do not have any control or discipline with their children.  I was in TJ Maxx the other day and a mother had 2 of her kids there.  She was completely ignoring her kids - who were somewhere around 8-10 yrs old.  The kids were rambunctious and playing in the clothing displays and kinda making a mess.  The mother was clueless.  There was a store employee there putting some clothing back on the racks and she had to tell the children that they cannot play in the clothes.  She looked at the mother who was no more than 10 feet away and the mother was totally ignoring the situation until the employee said something directly to her.

OK... let's just break it down... It chaps my hide big time to see parents who truly do not want to be a parent or abuse their children and then I look at myself, a loving wonderful woman who is dying to be a parent.  I'm jealous that they can easily have children and I'm struggling because I'm gay.  damn the man!  OK... off my rant and back to work.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 3:53 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
Maryn~ I just read your post and had to chime in LOL Landen's still grunting so I have a minute :) My mom was telling me a story from when they flew down here to be here for baby's birth and this brought it back to mind. She told me how her and my dad watched this little boy sitting next to this man at the airport (mind you this man was a stranger to the boy). His mom was too busy with her head in a magazine to worry about what her son was doing, but turns out he was helping himself to this man's french fries. Thankfully the man was ok with sharing, but the little boy was sitting there eating his fries and the mother could have cared less!!!??? WOW!

Then yesterday I went to lunch at school with the youngest stepdaughter (8). She picked 2 friends to sit and join us. She chose a boy and a girl and the stories I did hear!!! Oh boy! The girl elaborated on how her parents discipline her...her mom uses a belt, shoe or stick and her dad is a wuss cus he acts like he hits them but he just taps them...WHAT?? I'm all about discipline, but not in that way. The little boy tells me about how he has 5 sisters and all but 1 are having babies. I never relented to ask him their ages, but he proceeded to tell me his mom adopted a bunch of kids and he only has 3 "real" brothers and sisters. Kids these days are so exposed to different types of lifestyles than what we were brought up in and the world out there can be scary- espe in the eyes of an 8 year old!! I don't think there is anything kids don't know these days...YIKES!
Lexa321
on 3/25/11 5:50 am - weston, FL
hahahahah the french fry story makes me laugh... thats so something my jayson would do.. just walk up to a person and help him self to that persons french fries...LOLOL.. i of course wouldnt allow it.. but it cracks me up...
(deactivated member)
on 3/25/11 5:56 am - Myrtle Beach, SC
My mom said it was absoloutely hilarious!! Thankfully the stranger was a good sport, but the little boy ate almost half of his fries and when the little boy's mom finally did call for him to go, the funniest part was the little boy grabbing up the container and taking off with it!! :O We all got a good laugh out of it..
Cathie N.
on 3/25/11 4:58 am - Augusta, GA
I'm jumping in because this has been eating at me all week ...

I found out this week that my broke-ass brother and his ***** wife are expecting their third child. They can't afford the two they have, don't educate the two they have (that's a whole 'nother filthy friday), she's pulled the cancer card claiming to have cervical cancer then claimed to be PG by the lead singer of a band she was cheating on my bro with then had an abortion - I could go on and on ...

This douche never acknowleged my last two pregnancies OR miscarriages but now wants everyone sympathy because neither of their dumb asses know what birth control is.

Ahhhhh, that felt good to get out.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

MusicMaryn
on 3/25/11 6:02 am - San Jose, CA
OMG... that's exactly what i'm talking about!  Sucks butt that some people who are skerry parents (ok skerry people) can just push out the babies and then wonderful loving women like us are struggling!  OY!  I feel ya Cathie!

chelle614
on 3/25/11 6:37 am - Chester, NY
Hi Maryn....the school still has to reschedule my appt. They had off today. I did talk to the bus company and they downplayed the whole issue and said what my daughter told me never happened. I told them from now on she needs to sit in the FRONT of the van next to the driver since they are saying the alternitive seating arrangements I suggested will not work out.

LOL I love TJ maxx but every time I go in there I see a bunch of terrorist kids with parents who ignore them. Last week it was a bunch of little kids tearing through the store on those stupid wheelie shoes.The youngest one was about 4 and kept crashing into people and racks. The employees had to beg the parents over the intercom to control their children before someone got hurt. Then the mother got snippy when she was paying. The one kid even went slamming into an elderly lady who was on motorized cart. Don't you just wish you could tell some people to start using birth control???
You will get your BFP soon and be a great mommy! (((HUGS))))

It's a boy!

MusicMaryn
on 3/25/11 7:13 am - San Jose, CA
wow... now that takes the cake with the kids on wheels terrorizing old people in TJ Maxx. 
And thx for the vote of confidence!  We're pretty optimistic about this cycle.  We're literally inseminating 8 times in 6 days!  My friends are joking around saying we're just going to install a sling in my house cuz my feet will be up in the air A LOT next week!  We are determined to get our BFP this cycle!

chelle614
on 3/25/11 9:04 am - Chester, NY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leUTlgVrEOo

OMG, you have to watch this YouTube clip. Every time i see a little terrorist in the store I think about it and laugh.
Not that I condone any sort of child abuse or anything....but it is funny :)

It's a boy!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views