"Official" intro and questions...yes I want advice.

Jennifer Q.
on 3/29/11 10:21 am - Newton, NJ
 Hi, I have been lurking on here and leaving posts here and there but not ever introduced myself...I guess I have been rude.  Playing in the koolaid so to speak.  So HELLO! I am Jen.  I have 4 wonderful kids.  We live in North Jersey.  I thought I did not want any more children and I am so blessed by the 4 we have.  Our first 2 were fertility and #3 was a surprise blessing...# 4 was a real gift.  I had RNY when she was 4 months old.  I have maintained my weight with in 10 pounds for over a year now.  My heart is is really yearning for another child but I don't know if that is selfish on my part...Is the risk of having a baby after WLS and being almost 40 when I have 4 wonderful kids selfish on my part?? My husband is of course worried about my health and me being around for our kids.  I would have to have a c-section b/c I had and emerg. c with #3 and they had to do an L shaped incision.  Of course I am praying for wisdom and clarity on this, but would like the input from you ladies on here...I am all about gathering info before moving forward with anything...so if you have websites or other things you can recommend for me to read I would be grateful.  I had my Mirena removed, but we are using condoms until I make my decision.  I wanted to see if my period was "normal" since I lost weight.  It is!! YEAH!! I had the Mirena placed one month prior to my RNY and had PCOS before that so my periods have never been every month.  Since January I have had 3 cycles at 29-31 days each!! Ok...well TIA for your input.  ~Jen

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
candessg
on 3/29/11 3:04 pm - plymouth, MN
 Hi there! I don't think it's selfish of you at all to desire another baby! I completely believe that some of us are just given that desire and made to be mama's! I didn't see how far you are out from your surgery.. so number one I would encourage you to wait at least a year and half to two years as our surgeon's suggest. Next, I don't all the complications you have had in the past but I would talk to your OB and surgeon about the risks going forward with another pregnancy and if having the surgery has raised risks or even possibly reduced some of those risks..
Next. make sure that before you start trying that your labs are top notch. I speak from experience in this. I waited 2 years and my labs were good but I got so sick for months, had emergency surgery and my baby is not growing enough and will likely come any day now because of these compications and I am only 31 weeks. I just had to get steroid injections today to help her lungs develop faster. It's scary and even though I have done everything I can, I feel like I am letting my baby down in some way. No one wants to feel that way! It's scary and I don't wish that fear on anyone. That is why I am so passionate about telling people to wait as close to two years as possible and to make sure your labs are in good shape!
Keep praying and seek wisdom from your doctors! Blessings to you!
Lexa321
on 3/29/11 9:41 pm - weston, FL
i dont think your being selfish either... ive always wanted 5 kids... but i think after this one.. im done... i dont think my body can handle another one... or maybe ill wait a few years... i will have had 3 kids in less then 3 years.. i dont think having rny should play a role in your decision.. plenty of people have healthy babies after wls... the dr will stress about you being 40.. but prob just take proper precautions when it comes to genetic testing... i say go for it!. and congrats on your weight loss
Jennifer Q.
on 3/29/11 9:42 pm - Newton, NJ
 Thank you for the advice and insight.  I am over 2 years PO and I had a hernia repair and Panni in Dec. 2009.  I just had my 2 year labs and everything was great.  I feel the best I have ever felt.  When I had my last daughter I was 252 at delivery. Now I am 150...I am trying to loose 10 pounds I gained this winter.  I was not active at all...:( I have started walking and upped my protein again.  We wouldn't start "trying" until June and then if things don't happen we decided we wouldn't seek medical assistance.  I am really leaning towards "trying" but still have reservations...I think if it is God's will I will have a peace about it.  I believe in the Bible and it says "I will give you the desires of your heart." so either I will have another child or He will remove this desire...The Bible also says seek wisdom, so that is why I am asking on here to get other feed back from the "been there, did that's". Thanks again for your input and I pray that you will be able to carry your baby a few more weeks and both mom and baby will be happy and healthy!!

At Goal 12/11/2009          
candessg
on 3/29/11 11:35 pm - plymouth, MN
 Thank you so much! I hope to carry her a little longer too! I feel like all I do is pray! 
Congrats on your weight loss! Incredible! I think it's sounds like you are going forward with care and wisdom so I think you will know as it gets closer if this it truly God's direction! My surgeon did tell me that most WLS patients do better after having surgery and getting pregnant than before! Obesity takes a major toll on our bodies especially when we are pregnant so I think that is BIG plus!
Keep seeking God and the information from the surgeon and doctors he placed in your life! You will find your answer for sure! 
Many blessings to you and your hubby as you prepare for this next (possible) adventure!
chelle614
on 3/30/11 2:28 am - Chester, NY
Hi.
As long as your weight is stable and you are healthy....then go for it! Start taking extra folic acid and calcium though. Good luck!

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Jennifer Q.
on 3/30/11 5:57 am - Newton, NJ
 Thanks everyone...Chelle, that was my next question...any advice on vits to take prior to TTC?  I have a great one I take from the health food store that is HORRIBLE tasting, but packed with "whole food" nutrients.  I was thinking I could just add a folic acid to that...will take them to the OB and ask her too.  I want to add the folic well before we TTC to minimize the chance of issues.  Well, thanks again everyone I am getting excited and really leaning towards trying.  Our oldest is 10 and our youngest is 2 so we have lots of "help"  I will keep you all posted!! 

At Goal 12/11/2009          
hockeybabe2u
on 3/30/11 6:33 am - Allegan, MI
I say go for it if come June you still feel the way you do today!  Your not selfish.....some woman have that special touch with children and can handle many at one time!  If it feels right, it feels right!  If I'm correct, this would be your 1st baby post-op right?  How exciting!  You won't be carrying around all that extra weight.....you will be able to buy the cute maternity clothes and you probably willl feel more energetic with this one because you wont have that extra weight weighing you down!  Looking forward to a few months from now on what you actually decide!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views