home from the hospital

sportsbaby33
on 3/31/11 4:14 am, edited 3/31/11 4:27 am - Atlanta, GA
Yesterday my morning sickness was so bad that I started bringing up blood. I had to leave work and head to the emergency room. They did a lot of test, including two different ultrasounds. The on-call OB/GYN came to examine me and see what was causing all the problems. For the last month,I've had problems with bad morning sickness, fainting, and at times have blacked-out.

I've finally got a diagnosis to my problems, hyperemesis. Apparently, I'm in the 1% of pregnant women who have a severe form on morning sickness that causes dehydration and chemical imbalances. I'm happy to be told that there was a reason for feeling like crap all the time. And I'm very happy that my baby is doing good and that this has not effected the baby. I'm hopeful the medications the doctor prescribed with work.

Baby Christopher born Oct 21, 2011 
Violet S.
on 3/31/11 5:57 am - NY
 ugh, that sounds like misery! I'll cross my fingers that the meds work and you start feeling better soon! Stay strong!
                                              I love my DS!
5'7'' SW-267, CW-155
Mom to 2 boys- age 6 & 4
TTC baby #3 since Oct. 2010
sportsbaby33
on 3/31/11 9:57 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks so much.  I hope the meds work too.

MusicMaryn
on 3/31/11 6:46 am - San Jose, CA
Glad you're home and the drs can help you.  and even moreso that your baby is doing fine.  Remember that this is only temporary and will last a very short time in comparison to the lifetime of joy you will get with your child.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

sportsbaby33
on 3/31/11 10:00 am - Atlanta, GA
Thanks.  I'm hoping this will take care of it.  I don't think I could go much longer with being sick. 

DoinItRNY
on 4/1/11 1:53 am
Sorry for this!  Are the new meds working??
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
sportsbaby33
on 4/1/11 7:48 am - Atlanta, GA
The meds are working somewhat.  I'm getting a little relief, but I'm still getting sick at times.

tripmom02
on 4/1/11 7:59 am - NJ
 Yuck, I have been there and its NOT fun! Some of the things I found that helped where to stay hydrated (I know, super hard) by taking small sips ALL DAY LONG and make sure it's something with electrolytes (like gatoraid or smar****er), sucking hard candy works wonders espeically if you can find something with ginger, lemon or peppermint in it, sea bands worked pretty well but can be expenive, and also hazlewood jewlery (you can google Inspired By Finn, she does beautiful work) which is supposed to help with stomach issues. 

Good luck! 

Courtney - Lap band to VSG revision

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1226 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views