Been a while.....

Sheri S.
on 4/3/11 11:14 pm - Effingham, IL
Hello All,

It has been a while since I have been on this board, actually I took a break from OH for a while all together. The last time I was here, I was pretty miserable inside and out. In the past year and a half I went through a divorce, lost my job, and moved. Sounds bad doesnt it? But all was a blessing in disguise.... I met the love of my life, who I live with now and plan to spend the rest of my life with, cut out some very toxic unhealthy relationships, and entered a 12 step recovery step group which has helped me regain a better outlook and plan for my life.

I found out on Feb 7, that I am pregnant. I/we were not trying. I am now about 15 weeks pregnant. I am also pregnant with twins!!!!      Needless to say I was a little shocked and still am. But, I am back and will be around more often.
So far my biggest issues have been extreme fatigue and constipation. Uggh! I also need more protien but the protien powder I was using works best in coffee *(which I have not had since my first wave of morning sickness-cant stand the smell of it yet). I am hoping to start making some fruit smoothies, but clueless to a protien powder I could use. Anyone have any suggestions? My surgeon's office doesnt have any suggestions, as I have already tried that route. So far I have not gained much at all, maybe a pound or two. So, I have a feeling the babies are robbing me of my muscle tone and whatnot because people tell me I look like I am losing weight in my face and legs (although I am eating--really I am). I really hope someone can give me some good advice.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!!!

Sheri

260 Highest recorded weight/223 Surgery day/ Personal goal 145/ Current 139...6 pounds below goal weight 

MaryElaina
on 4/4/11 12:32 am - Owings Mills, MD
Hi Sheri, great to have you here with us! Congratulations to you for all that you have been through and the to the person you are now, on this side of it all. What a wonderfull blessing to be having 2 beautiful little ones.

I can offer much help with the protein powders as I still struggle to get my protein in like I should and I am not a fan of most protein supplements. The one that I do the best with in Fruit Smoothies is the Lean Dessert brand. They mix well and the Vanilla tastes pretty good.

Good luck and a happy 9 months to you!

Mary

hockeybabe2u
on 4/4/11 12:54 am - Allegan, MI
1st of all, congrats on the new life and new babies!  Have you tried sugar free carnation instant breakfast or designer whey.  Both are pretty good in vanilla flavor and you can add different fruits, milk and ice to it to make a yummy smoothie!  I have also used the Lean Muscle Meal in chocolate from GNC which is pretty good with milk or water added.....but I only use half a package at a time, as 1 is to much.  These are all good for people that had RNY!  Best of luck to you!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

DoinItRNY
on 4/4/11 1:08 am
Welcome back!  Hoping for a happy and healthy pregnancy for you!  Congrats on the twins! :)
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
Hollywog
on 4/4/11 5:44 am
Welcome back - and congratson your double blessing. 

I don't drink huge amounts of protein drinks - and I'm not pregnant, which could effect what you like, but two that I do like are isopure drinks.  The first one comes in three flavors, I believe - orange/peach (the best), orange/berry & I think berry/pomegranite.  They're really like a smoothie - though you may have to dilute a little with ice.  The others I like b/c they're small - 8oz - and have 15 g protein...so you get a lot of 'bang' (protein) for your buck (ie not having to drink huge amounts).  Not that they taste bad - they don't - I just have trouble making myself drink ANYTHING, so want the proteind drinks to go down and go away.

Have you tried eating cottage cheese?  I assume American cottage cheese is in the ballpark nutrition wise to Bulgarian cottage cheese...and it has 200 calories/26 grams of protein in slightly less than one cup.  You can also try to eat soups - chicken soup, beef soup, etc...if you're able to eat, eat high protein soups.  Even chicken/shrimp soup is good...if you eat Thai...I have two Thai shrimp soup recipes that I throw in some chicken also.  Let me know.

Good luck on the rest of your pregnancy...congrats again...and congrats on the new/better place you've moved to in your life.

TRY FOUR PACK Isopure Yogurt Fruit Smoothies

IsopurePLUS Mini's - convenient 6-pack - just $2.33 per bottle

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

impulseisbeauty
on 4/4/11 10:43 am - Westminster, MD

I too use the isopure.

Their vanilla powder mix works well in smoothies.

~Victoria
 Lilypie - (9X7j)Lilypie - (oanE)

MusicMaryn
on 4/4/11 7:31 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats on the twins, Sheri!  How exciting!  Blessings for a happy and healthy 9mos.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Sheri S.
on 4/5/11 11:24 pm - Effingham, IL
Thank you everyone for the well wishes and suggestions!!

Headed to GNC today to pick up some protien...probably the isopure vanilla to try first! Thanks again!

260 Highest recorded weight/223 Surgery day/ Personal goal 145/ Current 139...6 pounds below goal weight 

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views