strep throat and a suction d/c now

demurebutterfly
on 4/11/11 10:16 pm - Lima, OH
I went to the doctor last Thurs and the untrasound had a really nice picture of the baby (10 weeks along), only prob. was there was no heartbeat.  The doctor asked me if I had a cold or virsus within the last two weeks.  I told him that I has strep throat about a week and half before.  He said there was no heartbeat and some of the virisuses that cause strep can cause the demise of the baby in the first trimester.  The other option was a genetic issue.  We waited until yest to verify there was no heartbeat and then a d/c tom.   I had no idea that could have been the cause. 

He said he was going to do a suction d/c because it was less truma to the uterus and we could try again sooner than the other way.  Does anyone know anthing about that?

Sami wanted to be a big sister so badly we let her name it.  Advise from several friends who have been through the same thing.  The name is Charlie Jo, she is handeling it much better than Daddy and I .  She told her Sunday school class that Jesus was holding her baby brother or sister.

Beverly

mzicuis
on 4/11/11 10:34 pm
I am so sorry you ahve to go through all of that..I have never heard of that but just wanted to say thinking of you.
hockeybabe2u
on 4/11/11 11:23 pm - Allegan, MI
Beverly,

I'm sooo sorry to hear about your loss! 

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/11 11:55 pm - HI
Sorry for your loss.

MG
Rhie P.
on 4/12/11 12:21 am
Wow...I never knew about strep throat and pregnancy.  I'm terribly sorry for your loss.

Rhie

Kerri B.
on 4/12/11 12:55 am
So so sorry to hear of your loss!
Hollywog
on 4/12/11 1:06 am
I haven't heard of the strep issue either.  I'm very sorry for your loss of Charlie Jo.  If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me...I've been there many times myself. 

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

linda.traxler
on 4/12/11 1:10 am - Laßnitzhöhe, Austria
Dear Beverly, I am so sorry to hear this.  I pray for peace and blessings to you, your hubby and your daughter...   Hang in there....
Jennifer Q.
on 4/12/11 1:52 am - Newton, NJ
 So sorry Beverly.  I have never heard of strep causing that.  My heart breaks for you and your family.  I  believe your daughter is right and Jesus is holding your baby until you get there to hold him/her yourself.  ((hugs))

SW 241.6/ CW 138.8/ GW 140
    At Goal 12/11/2009          
Cathie N.
on 4/12/11 1:53 am - Augusta, GA
I'm so sorry for your loss. My first miscarriage happened one week after I was diagnosed with the H1N1 flu and had been running a fever of up to 103 degrees. We were just days shy of being in the second trimester. It was devastating.

My OB gave us the "we never why this happens and it was probably chromosonal" spiel too but you just really never know.

I think it's great that you've involved your daughter and that she's handeling it as well as she has but Mommy and Daddy need to grieve too - as a family.

I hope you find some comfort and are able to heal from this loss. We are always here for you ....

Cathie

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1227 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views