Advice needed

tryingtobethin55 me
on 4/12/11 8:19 pm
I need some help here...so yesterday I came down with a terrible sore throat, pain in my ears, exc...took tylenol around the clock every 4 hours for the pain bc it was so difficult to swallow...the tylenol did not provide much relief, but took the edge off...well I am suspecting I have an infection and need some antibiotics so I am going to call the MD today...well I am a nurse and am supposed to work tonight and tomorrow night on the 11pm to 7am shift...I know that right now I feel terrible, just exhausted, in pain and worn down...but being maximum 8 weeks away from delivery I hate to use my sick time if I dont really need...but on the other hand i dont want to go to work and wear myself down even more!  ughh I don't know what to do... I am feeling that this is such a complicated decision?  lol  any advice?  would you go to work for the next two days or just take the sick time? 
Liz R.
on 4/12/11 9:07 pm - Easton, PA
Take the sick time - you and baby being healthy are the most important thing!
shrinkingarmywife77
on 4/12/11 11:47 pm - Lyman, SC
Agreeing with Liz 100%..take the days off and get better :)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Lexa321
on 4/12/11 11:55 pm - weston, FL
take the sick time... you and your babies health are important.. also i dont think it would be fair to expose your patients to any further illness
Cathie N.
on 4/13/11 12:41 am - Augusta, GA
Ditto what Lex said, but you already know that ..!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

Hollywog
on 4/13/11 4:30 am

What Lexa said.  Stay home til you can get to the dr...it's best for you, your baby, and your patients.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views