Lovenox before and after pregnancy???? anyone

Peacewithin
on 4/14/11 9:07 am
Well I am so happy that I was blessed to have this bundle of joy on the way  but I must say I am scared out of my mind. My Dr. was upset that I got preggo and she sent me to a blood Dr. who said I needed daily injections of lovenox to thin my blood during my pregnancy. After surgery i had blood clots in my heart and lungs I was on coumadin for six months and have been fine every since. I just fear having a c-section and getting clots again. Has this happened to anyone????? 
Looking forward to the future!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Ann D.
on 4/14/11 10:29 am - Amelia, OH
I also had blood clots in my lungs after surgery.  I have not been able to get and stay pregnant, but heparin is part of my protocol from after transfer through pregnancy.  It is pretty standard protocol for anyone who has clotting factor or who has had previous blood clots.

Normally, they will stop your thinner after 8 months, and start them again after you deliver for a few weeks to prevent it. 

I understand your fear -- I have the same fear.  Blood clots in the lungs kill many people and I feel very grateful to have lived through it once....don't want to tempt fate again.  But, as long as the docs know your history, they will do everything to prevent it.

Good luck.
Ann

Mom to Ean after 5 longs years of Infertility....2/29/12!

icon_angel.gif - 3/07                             icon_angel.gif - 12/07                             icon_angel.gif - 3/08 
icon_angel.gif - 5/09                             icon_angel.gif - 11/10                             icon_angel.gif - 2/11
SHANNYN B.
on 4/15/11 1:18 am
I have been on lovenox and heparin with both of my post surgery pregnancies. This is from them not finding my clotting disorder till after surgery. It has been fine. They switch me to heparin before time to deliver. I was on hepain from week 27 till I delivered which is 2 shots a day. Its stronger but shorter lasting. They can also do things to reverse heparin. I had a section with this twins and everything is fine.
Damayin 12-3-93
Jarrid 10-12-98
Hayvann 11-22-09
Kerstyn 4-2-11
Kinzy 4-2-11

PattyLI
on 4/19/11 3:12 am - Coram, NY

My first pregnancy ended in a stillbirth at 30 weeks due to a blood clot in the cord.  I later found out that I had a blood clotting disorder.  My second pregnancy I was on daily lovenox and I delivered my son at 36 weeks.  I did the shots every day from the day they confirmed I was pregnant.  I was supposed to stop them at 38 weeks but went into labor before then.  I continued them for 2 months after the delivery.   I was scared the whole time I was pregnant because I thought the same thing would happen again.  They referred me to a high risk doctor so I was going to each doctor every other week for checkups.   Just try not to stress about it because that will put strain on the baby.  I wish you the best of luck.

Patty 

Peacewithin
on 5/25/11 5:14 am
Thanks guys this info was helpful and I hope all goes well with it.
Looking forward to the future!

Pregnancy%20ticker
Make a pregnancy ticker
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views