post partum I think?

demurebutterfly
on 4/18/11 12:38 am - Lima, OH
Today it a really really bad day. I have cried for about 4 hours now. The baby died about 3 weeks ago and had the d/c on Wed.  I do not have a job to take my mind off things a little, I am having pain, and my family is trying to help but my emotions and patience is all a mess.  I can't even ask for pre-natal vitamins. Dr. requested I stay on them esp because we are going to try again soon.  If I can get myself in order.

I had bad post partum depression with Sami about 5 years ago.  I feel like I am going through it again, just worse.  Is it posssible to have post partum after the loss of a baby at 10 weeks?  If so how long will it last I feel like it will be forever.

All I ask is that you pray that I can make it through all of this.

hockeybabe2u
on 4/18/11 1:24 am - Allegan, MI
I don't have any advice for you, but wanted to tell you that your in my thoughts and prayers!  I hope this depression gets better soon!

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

MusicMaryn
on 4/18/11 2:53 am - San Jose, CA
I completely understand!  I too had a MC... back in Dec at 7wks.  It was so very hard.  We're trying again... inseminated for 2 cycles and we're still not PG.  Then I hear on the radio this am the morning dj's topic of the day: the female dj got pg from her bf with whom she fights all the time and the discussion was this "to abort or have the baby!"  OMG... it sucked so much!  Knowing how hard my fiance and I are trying to have a baby and then there's this girl who's very very publicly asking advice on whether or not to have the baby she's carrying from a man she fights with all the time.  I mean really?!  

OK... sorry for the rant... but really... it's been months and I still get the sadness when I see/hear things like that.  Be gentle with yourself.  Keep taking the prenatals because you will get pg soon and heck... prenatals are just really good multivitamins!  

One last parting thought.... when I found out I had the MC, my fiance said something to me that resonated so deeply within me and has helped carry me through these past few months.  She said this:  If that were actually our child that I was carrying, I would still be pg with it.  That wasn't our child.  Our child is still on its way to us.

I pray for your healing and know that you are a phenomenal woman and that your child is still on its way to you!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Hollywog
on 4/18/11 5:21 am

My 'uneducated' but pretty experieced-with-miscarriage self says that yes, if you have suffered from post partum depression in the past, you probably can also suffer it after a mc...maybe even more so just because it's a miscarriage and you're obviously right to be upset. 

Regarding the pain, I was told w/my last mc - which was the only one I had a D&C for - that the pain is the uterus contracting going back to normal, just as if you'd given birth, but obviously not as much since it wouldn't be as big, so that's normal too.  Try taking some Tylenol for it and see if it helps.

You will not feel this bad forever.  It can last a few weeks, and sometimes things will still trigger you months down the line, but it does get easier as time goes on, cliche as that is to say. 

If you need someone to talk to, please feel free to pm me.  If the depression gets too bad, talk to your dr about it.  There are meds that can help.

As soon as your body and mind are ready for it, I hope to see your next BFP - and will pray it's a sticky one for you.

[[hugs]]

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

angelrose
on 4/18/11 9:53 am - indio, CA
The fluctuation in hormones from being pregnant and then NOT being pregnant is the same, hon. Whether you aborted, MC'd, or gave birth, the dramatic change is going to affect your emotions. The difference is that when you give birth, there is no mourning. You are dealing with the hormonal change on top of something very very traumatic. Don't be hard on yourself because you have every right to give your body as well as your head and heart, time to heal. Furthermore you are well within your rights to grieve however you deem fit. But if it gets too bad, I strongly urge you to see a therapist or attend a support group to get these feelings out healthily with non paritial, empathetic people/person who understand what you're dealing with. Remember, if you want to conceive again, it's best for you and the baby if you're not under a huge amount of stress. Best of luck and God bless.
teresa79
on 4/18/11 12:24 pm - Fowler, IN
Coming from someone who knows how it feels. I lost my baby boy at 24 weeks gestation back in 1998. I still talk about it every birth date every year since then. I always say he would have been this age this year or wonder what he would have looked like. I had three more miscarriages after him ranging from 9 weeks till 13 weeks along. You never just get over it but you will feel better as time does help heal. I don't think you have to have post partum depression just so you can mourn your loss. I would however call your doctor to let him know how you are feeling. I pray that your pain lessens and just cling onto the love and support! Prayers!
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers 
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers 
Lilypie Maternity tickers
Ralph Z.
on 4/18/11 3:20 pm
Hi there,
I am thinking of you.I had very bad peri and post natal depression and anxiety. Since then, I have been on and off antidepressants and am currently on them during this pregnancy.

I don't know about post-partum depression following a loss at 10 weeks. However, what you are dscribing and importantly, what you are experiencing/ living with at the moment sounds like depression to me- be it post partum or other.

You will make it through, but you need to talk with someone who is more knowledgeable,

Becky

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views