Possibly Offensive.

trouble256
on 4/25/11 5:55 am - Athens, AL
So I honestly dont mean for this to be, as everyone has their opinion - mine probably because I was raised in the south, Im not quite sure. Let me explain a little further.

I have a daughter, I dress her in all sorts of things from shorts, to dresses to tutus, and even let her go in her diaper from time to time.  However, I do not dress her in things that are "boys" clothes. Ie; outfits that say Mommy's Lil Man, or "handsom like daddy" because, she is a girl. Just the same I would NEVER dress a son in a big frilly dress, or something that said "mommy's princess"  IMHO it just isnt right, and could give the child the wrong impression.

Let me go on to say, I have no problem with anyone's sexual orientation. I am all for folks living their lives in a way that they feel comfortable. I will explain to my children that all families are different. Some have a mommy, daddy and children, some include two mom's  or two dads, etc.

Also, let me state, I have NO problem with children playing with gender specific toys.  If my daughter was visiting with her friend Tyler, and she was playing with one of his trucks, Im not going to take it away or punish her, nor would i him if he played with her dolls.

Would you purposly dress your son in a pagaent style dress, pose him and take pics....(and post all over the web, facebook)? The reason I ask is because there is a group I am in on FB for mothers who had babies in July on the What to expect site, and she was offended when people commented on her son's pics.  I think is she is ashamed of these, maybe she shouldnt post them.  She commented several months ago, how she wanted a daughter and wishes he was never born. Constantly paints his finger and toe nails....
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
Mariann M.
on 4/25/11 6:10 am - Washago , Canada
OMG, Regardless of what she wanted , boy or girl , she should be happy with the child she has and needs to stop trying to make herself happy by dressing him in dresses, this can seriously confuse the child. 
Cathie N.
on 4/25/11 6:20 am - Augusta, GA
No one is passing judgement on this kids' princess shirt but other adults. If a child gets the "wrong impression" about anything it's a taught behavior and really, really unfortunate!

Whether you agree or disagree, try to find some compassion for this woman - she obviously has some issues to work out.

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

trouble256
on 4/25/11 7:41 am - Athens, AL
And what about 15 years from now when he has been raised as a girl and is in school, finds realizes he is not? or even tries to date a boy? learns he has a penis just like other boys? but has been taught to live as a girl?

Is that ok too? If the woman has issues, she SHOULDNT be pressing them onto her son.
Cathie N.
on 4/25/11 8:07 am - Augusta, GA
I absolutely agree that no one person should try and force their views or "opinions" on another. If her Son wants to live as a girl, puppy or even a bullfrog 15 years from now it's none of your business.

If you're sooooo involved in this families life why don't you reach out to them? Seriously?! Don't you think it's just as bad to sit back watch a Mother "press issues on her Son?" That's feeding the disease!

Oh and please don't clump all of us Southerners together - some of us have evolved!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

trouble256
on 4/26/11 7:58 am - Athens, AL
if this person were someone I could reach out to, I would be more than happy to! However, shes some random stranger on another message board ( i believe i posted that) that got her feelings hurt because people told her she was a nut job for dressing her son that way.

i wanted to hear your opinions, obviously you and i disagree.

And while some have evolved, crazy isnt in that catagory. I consider myself very evolved...I am not a racisist, homophobe, or even the least bit "angry"....nor do I have broken down cars in my drive way, or live in a trailor (no offense, thats just a cliche alabama thing apparently).  I do however think its WRONG to dress a boy in a frilly purple dress and wish he was never born cause the mom wanted a daughter!
SassySamara
on 4/25/11 7:12 am - San Antonio, TX
I agree that sounds like the lady has some mental issues and is finding it hard to accept that God chose to bless her with a son. I read a book a few months ago about a woman who had all these boys, like 6, and the 7th, she was certain would be a girl, but it was not, it was a boy, but she chose to raise him that way until he "found" out he was different at the age of like 9 or so...it was not a true story, but still was pretty insightful to read, and needless to say the kid had gender association issues, etc. I know I have also seen movies on HBO, documentaries, about people who say that their kids were born wanting to be the opposite sex, etc, and if that is the case, well guess that is a different story, but this just sounds like another issue all together. Weird!

Anyhow, hope you are doing well...how is pregnancy treating you this time around?

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

trouble256
on 4/25/11 7:39 am - Athens, AL
Its so much easier this time.  I feel like I know what to expect. I am exhausted all the time though!! Thanks for asking!
Lexa321
on 4/25/11 7:45 am - weston, FL
i have both a son and a daughter... they both have boy toys.. and girl toys... jaylyn would much rather play with jaysons trucks and balls and wrestle with her babies... she loves bugs, animals and mud... the only thing girly about her is her earings and sparkle shoes ( that she picked out) ... jayson likes to feed her babies and change their diapers... he likes to do arts and crafts.... and he does all the things jaylyn does... neither of my kids wear clothings that says "mommys this" or "daddys this" i hate stuff like that... alot of the stuff they wear i give them a choice... jayson will only wear clothes with trucks and puppies ( wtf??) and jaylyn wants to wear nothing execpt her diaper ( when we are home this is ok)... im not sure what im getting into ... my kids are who they are... that lady sounds like she has some massive issues and could use a dr to speak too... that way in 15 years her son doesnt.
chelle614
on 4/25/11 10:51 am - Chester, NY
She's a nut. I hope someone tells her so before she ruins that poor child's self-esteem.

M/C 10/18/10  9w2d...forever loved

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
                                                      It's a boy!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views