Nervous

stacey0523
on 4/28/11 1:05 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Since my surgery (and well before then too as well) my periods have been pretty messed up.  Well I found out I was pregnant on April 11th (the 4 tests I took were pretty light but have gotten darker and darker each time I take one).  I went on Tuesday and I THOUGHT I was 6 weeks (should of been 7 according to my last period but I KNOW I am not).  Well the ultrasound only showed the sac and was measuring at 5 weeks.  I FREAKED! They did a beta and I had a repeat this morning.  I mean I guess since i had a light positive maybe it is possible that I was only 3- 3.5 weeks when I found out.  I go back again on Tuesday for a repeat ultrasound, I am nervous! I did not have my first ultrasound with my son until I was 8- 8.5 weeks so I did not have to go thru all this unknown! Anyone ever have this, I am looking for some hope!!!!!
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
harleymama31
on 4/28/11 3:23 am
First off, BREATHE!!!!!

Ultrasounds are only guesses. Measurements can be off, remember baby is about a miniscule to the size of rice. Do not pay attention to how dark the lines are, i peed on a stick at 7mos and it barely showed...

call your dr this afternoon and tell them to tell you the answer. its your right. remember too, They went by my last period, i told them it was impossible for me to get pregnant on the day they said...they put me clear into february this last time...finally ahd a dr that listened to me and bumped me up to a january date just to deliver him at 36wks...

Put your calendar away. NOONE has a an absolute day of a due date or conception, once again, just guesses...Somedays I wi**** was the test of "ya killed the bunny". we find out so early anymore that we have to sit and wait oops im 1wk pregnant, but it says im only 3 days according to the ultrasound...just using it as an example...also back in the day too, you waited for a couple of months to go to the dr to see if you were. Now its, oh im an hour late with my period, am i pregnant? or OMG!! I am!!!

I know its exciting that you are, i am happy for you dont get me wrong, just breathe and relax. remember it is what it is and what will be will be...
stacey0523
on 4/28/11 6:18 am - Virginia Beach, VA
Thanks for your reply.   I just got off the phone with my doctor and she said my beta number from Tuesday was 8432.  She said it was a great number for 5.5 -6 weeks.  We will know more when I get the results from today. 
Total weight loss from highest known weight:   
Weight loss since surgery on June 8, 2010     
mzicuis
on 4/28/11 7:06 am
You may have ovulated later then you think too..I always ovulate a week later then normal..good luck!!
candessg
on 4/28/11 7:08 am - plymouth, MN
 I believe I was 5 or 6 weeks when they did my first ultrasound because of cramping and a previous miscarriage. All they saw was the sac as well.. by the 7th week they saw more and it was all good! Even heard her heartbeat! I freaked out too! Try not to worry, even though I totally don't blame you! The less stress right now the better though! Praying for you! Keep us updated! (Oh and I was told that  this is why they wait until at least 8 weeks to do an ultrasound, so it may just be too early)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views