My Heart Rate

Jenn1973
on 4/29/11 4:56 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Girls,

It seems that I am in the mood to write in coloured themes today.  This post has to do with my heart, so red it is.

I have noticed lately that my heart rate is higher than usual.  I normally have a heart rate spike when I am dumping (hate that term) or dry heaving.  Last week, I had such a bad dry heaving episode that I needed to take an Ativan just to bring my heart rate to a comfortable level.  It was scary.

Now I notice, however, that my heart is thump, thump, thumping away even when I am at rest.  Should I be noticing my heart beat as much as I am?  My blood pressure is usually pretty low and was in the low/normal range at my last OB appointment, so I am not so worried about blood pressure.  I just find my perpetual awareness of my own heartbeat unnerving. 

Any insights?

Thanks
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

PrettyPixieGirl
on 4/29/11 6:36 am
It can be the extra fluids you are carrying around now. What's the actual HR? I am out of breath and my heart is pounding easily now. I would let you OB know either next visit or give a call just to be on the safe side.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

Jenn1973
on 4/29/11 7:20 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Pixie!  I really appreciate your input.  Thankfully I am seeing my OB on Tuesday, so I will be sure to put it all out on the table.  Do I ever have a list for her this  month!  I am sure she is thrilled to have picked up such a crazy pregnant lady!

Happy Friday!

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

candessg
on 4/29/11 8:12 am - plymouth, MN
 I have noticed the same thing.. I also have lower BP but higher Heart rate. My doctor said it's normal in pregnancy but for sure talk to your OB about it because they want to make sure it's still within a normal range!
apryldee
on 4/30/11 7:01 am - houston, TX
i had tacky cardia while i was pregnant. my bp was low but my heart rate was allways 100 plus. the doctor wasnt worried until after i delivered and it was still beating this way but now everythings stabled out

SW 280/ SW 266/ PPW 175/ CW 185

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal picture

Jenn1973
on 4/30/11 8:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
Oh, I didn't know that you could have TCardia as a result of pregnancy.  I will get it all checked out on Tuesday for sure!

Thanks
Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views