just a introduction and nervious

dynielle B.
on 5/15/11 1:23 pm - WA
hi ya all mommies to be. QUESS WHAT i am joing you i had a VGS 8-9-10 and found our today that i will be haveing my 5th child sometime in january. with being 9 months out from sugery i am a tad nervious and cant wait to seek guidence from eveyone ahead of me going threw the same thing.
HUGS dynielle
Hollywog
on 5/15/11 3:36 pm

Welcome and congrats!  I've not had VSG WLS, so can't answer specifics on it...but I'm sure some of the women who have had VSG will hop in here. 

The only advice I can give is to make sure your drs are following up on your labs.  Keep them in check, and you'll be fine.

Best wishes!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

dynielle B.
on 5/15/11 3:55 pm - WA
ty for the advice holly, will defently i call in the am to start my prenatal care.......
PrettyPixieGirl
on 5/15/11 6:16 pm
Hi hi and congrats!

I got preggers about 11 months out from the VSG. My weight loss had pretty much slowed to a crawl but I was down 80lbs (yay!) with about 10-20 to go. You should be just fine. Let your OB know what a VSG is.. most Dr's need to be educated that it is not RNY. They will draw some basic labs at about your first appointment. Have them add in vitamin lvls like iron and such. Add in carbs if you don't normally eat them. More than likely you will find you can eat way more than you could before preg. It's the damn hormones. I did go through a phase where I woke up in the middle of the night and had to have a snack cause I was starving. Your dr may or maynot add extra U/S to check baby's growth because of the WLS. My baby boy had them ever 4-6 weeks even though he is right on track. It looks like he is going to be about 7lbs when I deliver.

Congrats again! Hope that helps!

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

dynielle B.
on 5/16/11 1:50 am - WA
WOW thanks pixie! great info i really appreciate it my weightloos stoped too about a month ago and about 15lbs off as well so defently same bost your info gave my great confidence. i am notcieing now i can eat a little more and hungry a little more to i schedule my apt today so will keep in touch defently thank you again and good luck with delivery i hopw everything goes very good.
LSUtigerGirl
on 5/15/11 11:50 pm, edited 5/15/11 11:52 pm
I was 9 months post op (down 130 lbs) when my Mirena IUD failed and I concieved my son. I gained 17 lbs total and my son weighed 8.8lbs at birth, I had lost all my pregnancy weight plus 5 lbs before I even left the hosptial 3 days post partum.

With breast feeding, I've continued to loose 1-2 lbs a week without even trying. In fact it's been a struggle to consume enough calories and I end up resorting to full fat milk, cheese and other foods to keep my milk supply up and I'm still loosing.

Compared to my pre-op pregnancy (with twins), this pregnacy was a breeze. All I needed to keep my vitamin lvls up was a regular prenatal+DHA and an extra b12. I also had to eat every 3 hours to keep from loosing weight but I still ended up loosing nearly 10 lbs in my first trimester. I went into labor and delivered my son on his due date with zero complications.

Goodluck. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to try and answer them for you.

dynielle B.
on 5/16/11 1:55 am - WA
thank you and great info too its very nice to know people that are around this time frame in which our little miricles came into our lives. i am currently takeing a prenatal plus DHA its in gel cap form they were the only thing i could find to keep down for the last  months. i also take b-12 now and calcium. ill just continue those vitimins, also good to know about the eatting as well. thank you for the support..... and congrats on the no complication delivery big  kudos!!!!!
Tylers_mom
on 5/16/11 12:20 am - Bel Air, MD
Congrats on the pregnancy Dynielle! I got pregnant 6 months out from RNY, which is a different surgery, so I can't offer advice from the VSG perspective, but I wanted to stop by and say congrats and keep us all posted on your progress. These ladies here have all been a Godsend to me and definitely lean on them when ever unsure in congunction with your docs. Good luck sweetheart.

~~Gina

dynielle B.
on 5/16/11 1:56 am - WA
thank you gina :) i defently will....
Hollywog
on 5/16/11 2:07 am
Love the picture of the kids -

LMAO - I was reading your post and saw just Tyler's hair on the bottom of my screen...I was thinking it was the baby's hair and thought 'DAMN - that baby's got a LOT of hair!!!' It's an adorable picture.  Tyler looks just a little bit happy!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views