Working and Hemerroids

Jenn1973
on 5/21/11 10:33 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Girls,

I have been away from the board for a little while because I have returned to work.  After 5 mos off because of my weight loss and extreme nausea, I am finally fit and able to work again.  Whoa, I am finding it hard.  I am the principal of an inner-city elementary school so from the moment I get to wor****il the moment I leave, it is go-go-go.  I would say that I am averaging 10 hour work days and barely have the time at work to keep up with my work email!  Crazy time of year. 

I think being back at work is much better for my mental health.  My brain is active again and my body is regaining strength.  I am just so exhausted at the end of everyday that I just fall into bed each evening after dinner.  I have also noticed that my appetite has improved and because I need to pack a lunch and snacks, I am preparing healthy and filling snacks and meals.

My belly has expanded so much since being back at work!  Crazy.  The pressure on my groin is a little weird, but I have gotten over the fear that the baby is just going to fall out.  Now, however, my constipation has welcomed its friendly cousin hemerroids to the seen.  Unreal!  I have started to use "Tucks" pads but am wondering if there is anything else I can do to relieve the pain down there.  I had the first major flare up after an unpleasant constipation episode and feel as though the hemroids are preventing the proper evacuation of waste.  Any tips?

Thanks
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Dev *.
on 5/21/11 11:37 am - Austin, TX
 I don't have a lot of suggestions for getting rid of them, but if they are causing more pain than usual you can have a thrombosed hemorrhoid, basically a hemorrhoid with a blood clot in it. It HURTS. If that is the case, they can lance it and drain it and the relief is just a Godsend. So, ig they're getting really painful, be sure to have your doc look at them.

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Jenn1973
on 5/23/11 5:24 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks Dev,

I don't think I have anything so extreme, but if things don't improve, I will make an appointment so that my OB can have a looksee.  I  never knew that hemorrhoids could be so complicated.

Thanks!
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Jade ..
on 5/21/11 11:47 am - GA
 Call your dr or your obgyn and ask them for something.  I called and she called in some meds that have some sterroids in them to reduce the swelling and it has a numbing agent in it too.  I think she called it analpram.  The wipes don't do much for me, but the creams do.  I use the tucks cream when things are just starting and sometimes that will help things not progress but if they get bad I switch to the big gun sterroid cream.  I know how miserable they can be and I empathize!  
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

Dev *.
on 5/22/11 12:25 pm - Austin, TX
 Oh yea, analpram. Proctofoam is also great. They are topical, not systemic, and I believe either is OK while pregnant!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views