Breastfeeding Moms

shrinkingarmywife77
on 5/31/11 4:17 am - Lyman, SC
I was wondering if any of you breastfeeding moms would be willing to share what a typical day of eating for you is like?  I'm trying to make some meal plans for when I start breastfeeding in a couple weeks...I really want to get back to the healthy eating, so if any of you could help me come up with some good meals/snacks for breastfeeding, I sure would appreciate it :-)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
chrissyemerald
on 5/31/11 6:21 am - Canada
 Would definitely love to hear this too!
LSUtigerGirl
on 5/31/11 6:34 am, edited 5/31/11 6:35 am
Breakfast: Coffee with milk, 1/2 whole wheat bagel with cream cheese OR 1/2 cup of oatmeal

Snack: Toast with peanut butter OR fruit OR cheese OR more oatmeal (increases milk supply)

Lunch: chicken salad OR 1/2 turkey sandwich (1 slice of bread folded over) with mayo OR whatever my toddlers are having- mac and cheese, grilled cheese, grilled chicken tenders

Snack: usually fruit OR popcorn OR hummus and veggies

Dinner: Either chicken or fish, sauteed veggies and brown rice OR whatever I'm in the mood for. Tonight is lasagna with spinach and whole wheat noodles

I drink TONS of water throughout the day and usually add a cup of Lacation tea (mother's milk tea from Whole Foods). Some days I add an extra cup of coffee in the afternoon or have a Pepsi Throwback (made with real sugar, not high fructose crap) if I need a caffeine boost.

I use whole fat milk, cheese, etc. Nothing low calorie or low fat since I have a hard time getting all my calories on some days.
shrinkingarmywife77
on 5/31/11 7:33 am - Lyman, SC
Thank you so much for replying Courtney, this will help me a lot when trying to plan out my meals :-)
IamMrsMcDole
on 5/31/11 7:54 am - Anderson, IN
Well I am nit bf'ing now but did for a year with Bella and will God-willing with this baby.
Breakfast-oatmeal (I am a huge oatmeal nut) and chai with milk
Snack-I love apples, carrot sticks, cheese sticks, fruit salad mainly whatever I can feed Bella
Lunch- grilled cheese, leftovers, sketti, turkey sandwich with a fruit and veggie and cheese stuck
Snack- pretzels with pb, apple with Pb( our favorite)
Dinner- sketti, chicken, roast (whatever I want to cook) haha
Snack at 7 if I'm hungry- banana, sf pudding, Bella and I love jello!!
And I drink water all throughout the day of course

We are huge fruit eaters here! And we love sf jello, yogurt, and pudding. I alwas had a really good milk supply but I dis eat oatmeal for breakfast everyday and I did/do enjoy an occasional oatmeal raisin cookie with Bella.
Jessica

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers  Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

shrinkingarmywife77
on 5/31/11 9:48 pm - Lyman, SC
Thanks for your suggestions too Jessica, this will be a big help for me :-)
2mch4em
on 7/12/11 9:08 am - Hollysprings, NC
Glad I found this! My Baby will be 2 weeks old on Friday and I am bf'ing too and this is a great reference!
GETTING IT IN, IN 2010!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views