Sore Back and Belly

Jenn1973
on 6/4/11 12:57 pm - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Girls!

Has anyone felt a little sore around your belly button in their third trimester?  I am just over 28 weeks and am finding that my belly is becoming more and more sore.  It is surface sore, not deep tissue sore.  I am beginning to think that maybe I am feeling some of this pains because my belly button is getting ready "pop."  Could that be correct?

Also, OMG, my back.  MY lower back and buttocks muscles are so sore.  I don't know what to do.  I have Tylenol 3s, which sometimes take the sting out of things, but they are not really helping the pain.  I've tried heating pads for several minutes at a time, but again,  o real relief.  In my 1st and most of my 2nd trimester, I had weekly therapeutic massages.  They always helped in the moment and only provided relief for a day or so.

Any tips?  I have tried to stay off my feet as much as possible at work.  I sleep with my snoogle pillow with the Wedge at the small of my back.  This position is usually comfortable.

H.E.L.P. M.E.

Thanks
Jenn

PS It doesn't help that I have to pee every 15 minutes or so - for the love of God! 

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

PrettyPixieGirl
on 6/4/11 10:29 pm
::Hugs:: I felt your pain. I had some surface type pain that came about when i walked too much that I think was a pulled muscle/ligament. My belly button never popped so I dunno what it feels like. As for the lower back/butt pain.. that is from your body using muscles to support your new center of gravity. The belly is making you have to use muscles normally not as stressed to keep you upright.

Ask your OB about using icy hot.. swimming can help.. hot showers..ect. Nothing really made my pain go away. It just got worse until I delivered.

HW:260+ SW: 248 Pre-Preg 180 Post-Preg Starting Wt: 225 Current PP wt: 195 GW: 170ish. 

chrissyemerald
on 6/5/11 12:00 am - Canada
 I'm right there with you! My OB suggested relaxing baths for the back/neck pain i am having. They do work, sometimes lol. Belly pain comes when i've done too much, but yes my belly button is shifting and that is hurting in and around there as well lol. Any surface pains are *growing* pains usually :) Growwww babies grow!! lol
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views