OOPS!!!!!

beccar
on 6/13/11 4:31 am

In September 2010 I had roux en y and have been doing well.  It has been a wonderful journey and I am enjoying being back in shape and training for a triathlon.  Then, last Sunday I took a pregnancy test because I could not understand why I was SOOOO tired, craving sugar like crazy, and having sudden bouts of extreme nausea even though I had followed my diet.  I'm pregnant... I wanted to be done with kids!  I have 3 that I would not trade for the world!  I have always said I wouldn't sell them for a million dollars, but I wouldn't pay a plugged nickel for another!!  But here I am... I'm afraid to tell my Dr that I'm pregnant!!!  Will I be high risk because I got pregnant too soon??

Lexa321
on 6/13/11 6:36 am - weston, FL
congrats and welcome... add some carbs to yor diet... takes your vitimans... and everything will probley be fine... relax and enjoy
MusicMaryn
on 6/13/11 6:41 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats!  A lot of OB's automatically label us WLS'ers as "high risk pg" just because we had WLS.  Bariatric surgeons typically recommend not getting pg until at least 18 mos post op.  But that's a very general statement.  That being said, MANY women have gotten pregnant within the first year after WLS and have had healthy pregnancies and babies.  Don't worry... you're not alone.  Just tell your bariatric surgeon that you're pg and make sure that your OB is familiar with your WLS procedure.

Good luck and keep up on those vites and add in carbs.  Add a prenatal vite and folic acid to your vite regimen.
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Ptwilkerson3
on 6/13/11 7:06 am
Hi There:
I had RNY GB on August 30, 2010 and five months out, became pregnant. I am now in my 18th week of pregnancy! It is my first child and I am 48 years old! Everything is great, no morning sickness, no problems at all and my tests all came back fine. The baby is fine and his/her weight is in the 65th percentile! I am very nervous, but trying to relax and enjoy. Someone is actually going to call me mom. My due date is November 18th! I have been continuing to work with my WLS team, taking my vitamins and supplements and doing what I need to do (except I fell off the exercise wagon, gotta get back on).  I am considered high risk because of my age and the surgery, but my bariactric team doesnt seem worried as long as I follow my regimen. The OB said I am to only gain 10 pounds! Well, I really havent had any problems with that yet, but I eat a lot of different things, including simple carbs and sugar. Everything in moderation! I feel great! Good luck to you and me!

Zee Starrlite
on 6/14/11 12:44 am, edited 6/14/11 12:44 am
Wow, many blessings to you.

xo,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?