Footling Breech! AHH!

Jenn aka 2n
on 6/14/11 9:24 am - OR

I absolutely KNEW he was breech after having a conversation with a customer last week. She described everything I was feeling with my little man and she had to have csection because he son was breech. So mother's intuition I guess, but I knew when we went in today for our ultrasound that he'd be breech.

Anyway, he's approx 4lbs 12oz and in the 26th percentile. A little on the smaller side, but the Dr isn't concerned. My AFI is a little on the low side, but again...he's not too concerned about it either. Given my AFI the Dr didn't seem entirely optimistic that our LO would turn. I will have another ultrasound at 37 weeks to see if he is still breech. If he is we will be scheduling a c-section.

I've mentally prepared myself for all that comes with a vaginal birth and was hoping I wouldn't have to prepare myself for the alternative. As long as my little man gets here safely...I will do whatever it takes!

Anyone else in a similar situation or has been?

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
Sansobel
on 6/14/11 9:38 am - Coatesville, PA
With my son he turned a weekish before I was due.  I had gestational diabetes so there were going to make me have him on his due date no matter what.  I ended up having an emergency C but I was always in the boat that as long as he safe I didn't care how he came out.

thetexgal
on 6/14/11 9:40 am - Fort Worth, TX
My son flipped every other day. He would be breech on
Tuesday and then head gown on Thursday. He flipped up to the day of induction. The day before he was breech but the day of induction he was head down. You have time.
Bailey's Mommy!
on 6/14/11 3:10 pm - Sacramento, CA
Yup- Carter was breech until 37 weeks. I did everything crazy you can imagine to get him to turn. Finally I went and floated in our pool with my upper body on a floating ring and my feet behind me hooked in another ring- so my body could sag belly down and relax to give him enough room. I was in there for 6 hours and then finally felt him flip in the pool. I have no idea if doing all that really helped or not- maybe I was just lucky! I remember getting out of the pool and my belly having a totally different shape and carry. I have smaller babies- so then they were concerned he would flip back. Luckily he didn't! I hope your little guy turns! Must be a man thing- lol!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views