Deli Meat

Jenn1973
on 6/18/11 4:23 am - Ottawa, Canada
Hi Girls,

I have twice this week indulged in fresh ham and cheese sandwichs.  I couldn't help myself!  I am so done with chicken breast and baby is crying out for ham!  It all started at the shower that my staff threw for me on Tuesday and now it is all I want.

Even as I ordered the meat at the deli this morning, paid for it, and built my sandwich, I knew I shouldn't be eating it.  But I was on some sort of auto-pilot. 

How bad is it that I eat a ham sandwich?

Thanks
Jenn

Baby Boy Julian Frederick
Born August 11, 2011

Jade ..
on 6/18/11 4:45 am - GA
 I've eaten deli meat on and off.  The way I look at it, it's one of those things that's o****il isn't.  And when it isn't...it's really bad.  I've eaten it but I still worry about it.
HW 299 *~* SW 279 *~* CW 157 *~* GW 145 *~* My Blog 

Jenn1973
on 6/21/11 9:26 am - Ottawa, Canada
I guess worry is a part of the game, eh?  My cravings are still overpowering my sensibility!  I guess my baby is looking for animal protein!

Thanks
Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

chrissyemerald
on 6/18/11 10:34 am - Canada
 I've eaten it on and off myself as well, the fresher the better and with the sodium amount in it, drink lots of water!
Jenn1973
on 6/21/11 9:30 am - Ottawa, Canada
Good plan about the sodium.  I never thought about it.  I do buy the ham from a good store and know that it is really fresh.  I am careful to only get a couple of days worth at a time and go back for more if I need to.  That seems to be the best in terms of safety, but it also cuts back on all my "pregnacy craving" over-buying that I have been doing.  I crave something and buy a ton of it, get it home and don't want it anymore!  It drives my husband bonkers!

Thanks
Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

cass2399
on 6/18/11 12:17 pm - Sabattus, ME
Had a turkey sandwich for dinner tonight.  I eat deli meat a couple of times a week.  I just make sure it's fresh.  Never had a problem.
Jenn1973
on 6/21/11 9:31 am - Ottawa, Canada
Thanks for the reassurance.  I am being careful about the freshness.  Tastes soooo good! 

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/11 2:54 pm - HI
I was told if you heat it up until it steaming it kills the bacteria that "COULD " be there.  That's what I did while I was pregnant, but I still worried lol.................
Jenn1973
on 6/21/11 9:32 am - Ottawa, Canada
Did you still want to eat it even after the steam?  I don't think I would be able to stomach it.  Did you steam it and then put it back in the fridge?  Or steam it and eat it right away?

Jenn

Born August 11, 2011

Jennifer H.
on 6/19/11 1:02 am - stockton, CA
With me I would worry more about fast food and things you touch and cleaning veggies and fruits good........ with my pregnancy and my infection I got  your more likely to pick something up by touch then deli meats.I went into pre mature labor do to E. coli.....my doctor said it was by one of those few top things I listed.More then likely by touch because I work with kids.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views