Baby Eli has arrivred

Christina K.
on 6/29/11 9:42 pm - Saginaw, MI

Well, after 13 years of TTC and one miscarriage (in August of 2010) we finally have our baby Eli... He was born on Fathers day and my husband was given the best gift ever ♥ Eli was born at 8:09p, he weighed 7lbs 7oz and was 19 1/4" long. They weighed him on the day of discharge and he lost a little weight, as all babies do. He then weighed 7 lbs 2oz.

So, while we were in the hospital he had a screaming fit for 2 hours, the nurses could only comfort us, because comforting him wasn't helping. So I nursed him a little more and he finally settled down. The nurses then took him for 2 hours so we could sleep. This hospital doesn't have a nursery, all babies are kept with mom all the time.

We went to see the pediatrician the day after we were discharged and he lost more weight. Which was now a cause for concern. They took blood and did some tests and while we were at another baby appt, they called. We had to take him to the Er right away. He was dehydrated and his sugars were low. So, we do as we are told and they had to give poor guy an IV and fluids. We were released a few hours later after his labs came back to the normal ranges. But since my milk had just come in and he was nursing he wasn't getting adequate from me, so he is a bottle fed baby now. But I am going to pump and use that also.

So, that is our update.... We were finally blessed with a healthy baby boy after 13 years. When we were in the hospital I said "I can't believe it. I can't believe they are going to let us leave here with him."

Have a good day peeps

Christina

Eli Mathius arrived June 19, 2011
Conner Ryan    8-2-2010 
An Angel in the book of life wrote down my baby's birth, then whispered as she closed the book "Too Beautiful For Earth" -- Love you sweet boy...

Lilypie - (1WuT)

Daisypath - (JXAL)

Kerri B.
on 6/29/11 10:06 pm
Congrats Momma and happy birthday Eli! :)
Rhie P.
on 6/29/11 11:49 pm
Congrats!!  You and your hubby have got to be on cloud 9!!  Father's Day baby...how neat is that!!

Rhie

Chena83
on 6/29/11 11:59 pm - Clarksville, IN
Welcome Baby Eli! Congrats!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

SassySamara
on 6/30/11 12:22 am - San Antonio, TX
Congrats! So glad you have a happy ending to your journey! Happy Bday Eli!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

tonirc
on 6/30/11 12:32 am - KY
And he is just so darn cute!!!!  I'm so happy for you.  God is so good!  I had to breast feed and bottle feed all three of the boys.  Don't let yourself feel like a failure like I did.  It took me awhile to get it through my head.  I will say, he is/was so worth the wait.  Enjoy him, the time flies.  He will be 1 in the blink of an eye. 
windowsdown
on 6/30/11 2:37 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with

I'm so happy that you finally have your precious baby boy after 13years....how inspiring!  Congrats to you and hubby.

tamiissunshine
on 6/30/11 3:17 am - Halsey, OR
I'm glad he's doing well!!
Tami   "I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me!" Philippians 4:13
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

MusicMaryn
on 6/30/11 3:58 am - San Jose, CA
Congrats, Momma!  Wow... i can't imagine waiting 13 yrs... I've been TTC since Nov and we were just talking this morning about how hard this emotional roller coaster is.  So happy for you and your new family!
Our little miracle baby boy is on his way!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

shrinkingarmywife77
on 6/30/11 3:59 am - Lyman, SC
Congrats on your new bundle of joy :-)
Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test