Should i be worried about brownish discharge?

mandajolyn
on 7/7/11 6:49 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I noticed this evening when I went to the bathroom there was brownish discharge when I wiped. I'm 6 weeks and have had some mild cramping off and on all week. Should I be concerned? I've looked it up and some info says its normal and some say it's the beginning of a mc! I would think its old blood from implantation.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

Sherry-Lynn L.
on 7/7/11 10:16 pm - Barrie, Canada
Didn't want to read and run, but the only time I had brownish discharge was when I  was mc'ing.  It always started brown here and there, maybe only once a day maybe not but then a few days later it would turn to red, etc.  Try and get in for some blood work or maybe an ultrasound to rule out any problems.  Please talk to your Dr sooner than later.  Hopefully it is just old stuff working its way out, best of luck and I am praying for you and your bean.  Take care and KUP!!!  HUGS

Sherry-Lynn   

DD July 9th, 2012 7lbs 1oz

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

boomsheeka01
on 7/7/11 11:35 pm, edited 7/7/11 11:36 pm - Killeen, TX
Hey! First off congrats on your pregnancy! I must be slow becuase I dont remember the annoucement!! 

And I spotted/stained for 3 weeks straight!! Weeks 6,7, and 8.... I hated every second of it, and it scared the crap outta me! I asked my doc about it and he said that it just happens to some women. As long as there is no bright red blood, along with severe cramping that it was normal. I had mild cramps a few times during that time, but the spotting happened every single day for 3 weeks! After a while it didnt scare me anymore...just annoyed me that my undies were always stained. And today I hear my babies heartbeat and can feel him/her swimming around (sometimes!!!).....praise God!  

You will be fine girl....not every time somebody spots does it mean the beginning of a m/c....BUT if you have concerns about it definitely contact your doctor asap!

Good luck and congrats again!!  :)  YAY!!!
   Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

mandajolyn
on 7/8/11 1:38 am - Tallahassee, FL
Thanks! We found out last Sunday morning.
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
pregnancy calendar

reianondillard
on 7/8/11 12:08 am
Well I have always been told that if it is dark blood it is old so it could be some just left from implantation. I would call your doc and go in just to ease you mind and try and get some of the stress off your shoulders. Good luck  sending postive vibes and prayers.

pokie123
on 7/8/11 12:13 am - Quincy, FL
Hi praying for you.  Who is your dr.  I am here in tallahassee but live in quincy
mandajolyn
on 7/8/11 1:05 am - Tallahassee, FL
Dr. Ramsey is my ob
pregnancy calendar

pokie123
on 7/8/11 1:23 am - Quincy, FL
He did my c-section last year.  What a hottie.  He is a good dr.  I am seeing carol in the office.  He is such a good dr and bedside manner could not be better. u are in good hands

mandajolyn
on 7/8/11 1:34 am - Tallahassee, FL
He's a great Dr. And I agree, he's a hottie, lol I like their office, they've always taken care of me.
pregnancy calendar

pirate_mommy
on 7/8/11 1:01 am
Hey there, Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have dark brown spotting with both my girls and some light cramps too, and I'm sure it was implantation bleeding. Having said that, if you would feel better having blood work done or an US to check the baby's sticky-ness, go in. Piece of kind is priceless.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 855 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views