25 weeks pregnant Post TT

angelrose
on 7/8/11 2:41 am - indio, CA
I posted a couple months ago that I was expecting and that I had juuuuust had a tummy tuck in September last year and am 3 years post RNY. Just wanted to update any of you who may be experiencing the same thing, or perhaps reap some sage wisdom from those of you who've been through it.

I'm just over 25 weeks and have already gained 30 lbs. I'm exercising and eating healthily but do give into those ice cream and cookie cravings sometimes. Not to the point of dumping but a cookie here, half a Klondike bar there. That kind of thing. I'm getting more strict with myself and don't want to deprive the baby of food, but am making better choices of the food I eat. I craved pizza so bad at work yesterday so for lunch I got one of those pizza Lean Cuisines rather than a slice of 776 calorie pizza from Sbarro. Yay me! 

I've also noticed that while my stomach muscles are very tight, the skin atop is not too tight at all. They were not able to remove all the skin without doing a fleur de lis cut, and I didn't want a scar down my middle. This has been a blessing because I have not gotten a single stretch mark. Yet *knock on wood*. I do have a lot of discomfort at times in my groin area from the muscles stretching and little painful spots around my abdomen. Most likely incision spots.

I am relatively small and a lot of people still cannot tell I am pregnant just yet. It looks like borderline beer belly/ and chubbyness hahaha. My stomach is pretty flat but bulges just at the bottom.

The best part of it is that I'm wearing a bikini for the first time in my life and I feel great! Baby bump and all. My bump has stretched the loose remaining skin so I have a nice smooth belly now. Yay! I'm totally dreading what it will look like after the birth though :( 

Oh! And we're having a girl. We're naming her Amayah.
Hollywog
on 7/8/11 2:54 am
Glad you and Amayah are doing so well.  Love the name, btw. 

Show us a bump picture - doesn't have to be in your bikini, just whatever you're comfortable with (did you ever think you'd wear a bikini, though?!) - but show us your baby bump!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

angelrose
on 7/8/11 2:58 am - indio, CA

I need to take an updated one but here's the most recent. This is me trying on my bikini at 21 weeks.

Hollywog
on 7/8/11 3:11 am
You look great and have a beautiful little bump.  I know this was a few weeks ago...but if you've gained 30 pounds, I don't see where it's at!

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

angelrose
on 7/8/11 3:21 am - indio, CA
Hahaha, thanks! Since this picture I've put on another 10-12  I'll be taking another one soon. The only benefit of being pregnant in the hot Summer is the cute swim wear. I have two other friends who are pregnant with me and I think it looks so cute seeing their bellies in their bikinis. I'm 5'8 so the weight distributes pretty good I guess. With my son I gained it all in the front but with her, it seems to be spreading out.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views