ATTN::: All TTCr's and those that care about them.

Shari M.
on 7/8/11 7:56 am - Wildomar, CA
To all my friends TTC. It has been a great few years supporting you in your journeys. Some have moved on and I am so happy for them. Some still trying, and I pray for/with you every day. It has been an honor to try to be that person you confide in and trust with your journey. Although I was blessed with children, I will never forget the years it took me, the treatments I had, the emotions I felt. I could never have made it through those times without this support group (and my friend Ann who started this post.)

That being said...the post is not what it used to be. It used to be a place where we posted not only to our own journey, but to each other on the posts as well. We used to have some 20-30 posts a week. In the last month there have been under 10 posts total.

I am not saying that I don't care about the journey of the few that are posting. I truly do. But I feel so alone in my efforts to support you guys. I have decided for my own emotional health that I am going to extend a hand via FACEBOOK to anyone that wants a one on one support. (send me a pm for my information)

And whether or not this post gets continued is really up to you guys. I would like to hear from anyone interested and will choose someone to take over and pass on the list I have. Maybe it is just time for some new support, maybe my messages and words have become too mundane.

Anyway, I will miss this post tremendously, and hope it will continue. I will definitely stay in contact with anyone that wants support/prayers/advice personally. My only hope is that the people that have ttc and succeeded will remember those that are still ttc. And that those ttc will be the shoulder and support for the other gals still trying. My hope is that the post will return to its vigor with some fresh perspective and someone new posting it.

Love you guys. This isn't good bye. I will lurk along. And I will pray every day for you to be blessed with the life of your little one.

Shari
Photobucket Photobucket  Micah 18 months, Emma 3

Cathie N.
on 7/8/11 8:37 am - Augusta, GA
Your support has meant more to me than words could ever express. I wish you nothing but the best of everything life has to offer. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Proud Mom of Brantley Alexander, 6 1/2 years old .
"CoCo" 
  November 2009,   July 2010

JOoms
on 7/8/11 8:50 am
Shari, I mostly just lurk while I've been TTC.  So thanks for all of the posts that make this process feel a little easier.  I'm sure this has been lots of hard work for you and I appreciate it.
USAF Wife
on 7/8/11 10:35 am, edited 7/8/11 1:18 pm
I admittedly have lurked on here for a long time, well over 18 months, and tried posting and joining in the forum, but it's a very tight knit group, and I understand the dynamic better now than I did in the past.

But, from a long term lurker's perspective, and just recently started trying to post, share, and support, I can honestly say it's intimidating here when you never hear back from anyone, or you see them replying to everyone else in their topic because that "friendship" has already been established.

I've thoroughly enjoyed your posts over my lurkdom here, and appreciated them tremendously.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

victoria3
on 7/8/11 12:19 pm - Douglassville, PA
Well said.
mandajolyn
on 7/8/11 2:36 pm - Tallahassee, FL
I agree!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

pirate_mommy
on 7/9/11 4:39 am
Hi there! I feel bad that you feel your posts have gone unrecognized! :( I try to respond only if I feel strongly about something or have direct experience with it, but I will try to be more involved in the future! :) Keep hanging around ...

USAF Wife
on 7/12/11 12:29 am
I'm sorry to sound "whiny" or needy. I'm neither, promise, but I have learned it's the nature of the beast of internet forums. I'm extremely active on the VSG forum, and post mainly over there. I've tried to interact and get into the forum here, but it is very close-knit, and that's not a bad thing. I don't want to make it sound as if it's wrong, or that I feel slighted in any way. I think y'all have an amazing group here, and hopefully in the event I ever need anything, I'll be able to come here for support and guidance. Luckily, my VSG has not complicated my pregnancy at all so I'm not having any issues, and I've had an uneventful pregnancy thus far.

I just wanted to share some insight from long-time OH'ers,  but simple lurkers here.

It's kind of like the old Rants and Raves forum. Super close-knit group, and you'd have to sign over your rights to be bashed, demolished, berated and beat up to join in the "fun" over there, but they were a great group of people.
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

mandajolyn
on 7/8/11 2:33 pm - Tallahassee, FL
You've been such an amazing support and encouragement for so many on this board! You've helped those of us who've struggled with TTC and you've done an amazing job with this post!
"Be present for your journey, get to know who you really are and then be your authentic self with NO apologies"
You can follow my journey at mandaschange.blogspot.com
pregnancy calendar

AutumnBreeze
on 7/10/11 1:48 am - GA
Your right Shari this post is not what it used to be. I looked forward to your Friday post every week but in the last year I felt I was no longer getting any support here so I stopped checking in each week. I think many others felt the same way. Thanks for all that you did over the years. YOU are greatly appreciated!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1318 views