Back to OH!

cheyenne89
on 7/11/11 10:54 pm - MI
Well, it's been awhile since I've been on OH. I had the Realize band put in May 11, 2010. Two months later I found out I was pregnant! Within that time I had went from 276lbs to 246lbs. I was doing so well with my weightloss and I hadn't even had my band filled. I was so exciting to finally start seeing some results! I felt amazing with the way my body was changing already. When I found out I was pregnant on July 7, 2010 I was shocked! It took me awhile to comes to terms with the news but I soon felt a sense of joy that I was going to bring a new life into this world. At the time it didn't bother me that I was putting on a few pounds because I knew I was eating for two. As time went on I was reaching the end of my pregnancy and put on all the weight I had lost. After I had my son, I was back down to around 248lbs. However, its been almost 4 months and I am back up to 260lbs! I am so depressed at my weight yo-yoing especially when I was doing so well. I don't regret getting pregnant I just wi**** would have come at a better time. I am wanting to get back on track and hopefully have my first fill soon. I'm really hoping that an adjustment will get me back to where I was. Well, that pretty much sums up my story... Has anyone encountered something like this? I could sure use some words of encouragment!

cнєуєnnє -  

Hollywog
on 7/12/11 3:37 am
I don't have a band, but I assume one you get a fill again and it restricts your eating, your weight will start to go back down.  If possible, try to increase activities, even if it's just taking your son for a walk in the neighborhood or if it's too hot, in a mall.  Every little bit helps and is a step - literally - in the right direction.  If you've got 'junk' food in the house - get rid of it...throw it away, give it away, whatever, but get it out of the house and stock up on the foods that are appropriate for your band. 

Best wishes.  Hopefully some other band-mamas will hop in here with their experiences.

Holly
 January 2008, 
               July 2008
               December 2008  
               July 2009
               September 2010
               July 2011

Mom to Khaled

cheyenne89
on 7/12/11 3:46 am - MI
Thanks for the advice... I definitely needed it!

cнєуєnnє -  

Nikki M.
on 7/12/11 5:22 am
I had a band for 3 years before my revision to VSG. The good thing about the band is that you can start over once you have your baby! I wouldn't recommend getting fills while pregnant. Lots of women have to have their bands unfilled when pregnant. I was never pregnant with the band so I don't know. But the most important thing is to eat healthy and not worry too much about your weight. Save the weight loss until after baby. Congrats and good luck!

Lapband 8/2007. Revised to VSG 10/2010.... 170 pounds lost!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views