WEIGHT GAIN.. WHILE PREGNANT

HHEHEA
on 7/25/11 4:57 am - ALBANY, NY
Im sure this has been asked many times....

so we have decided to have a baby.. its been 2 years since my surgery..gastric..

did anyone here gain back all the weight after the baby?? 
I will definetly watch what I eat..
any suggestions..

thanks dee

Dee/Albany/Surgery Date July 16th
HW..241.. SW...226...CW...176...1ST GOAL. ONDERLAND/DONE!!!.. 2ND GOAL.. 140

LogansMommy
on 7/25/11 5:18 am - Marietta, GA
It is a given you will gain weight during pregnancy.
You said: you will watch what you will eat...that is a good start.
Do not forget your vitamins and well balanced diet including carbs.

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Mariann M.
on 7/25/11 8:21 am - Washago , Canada
Many people on here will tell you not to worry about it and I do understand that, but I also understand you being concerned about it as well. 

I got pregnant 6 months post op ( which was a huge surprise for me because I had tried for 5 years pre op) and I lost 25lbs in the first three months due to such bad morning sickness, I did end up gaining about  20lbs and had a hard time keeping it on in the last month of my pregnancy. I lost the weight in about three weeks after surgery, but everyone is different. 

I have also lost a little bit more and I am breastfeeding, which is going along wonderfully !!!!!

Good Luck !!!

goldilochs17
on 7/25/11 9:23 am - AZ
 I had the lap band put in two years ago and just had my baby girl 2 weeks ago. I gained 27lbs and I have lost all but 10lbs, so far. I'm pleased with the gain as well as the loss. I am going to do the post op diet starting the end of next week to shrink my stomach back down and then get a fill at the end of the month. I have only had one fill since I first got the band and that was 1 1/2 cc in a 10cc band. This tool works GREAT!!
Jennifer H.
on 7/25/11 3:56 pm - stockton, CA

By all means even I  worried  about weight gain during pregnancy but if you want a baby and be healthy it shouldn't be a big worry.I guess I realize this even more now then before because of what I went through when pregnant with my girls.My start weight 130 at 25 weeks when I had them I weighed 163 leaving hospital weighing 173 fluids and things.I then dropped to 150 with in few weeks as told it would.I'm three months from c-section yesterday the 24Th and I weight 142 so I still have about 12 pounds to lose its coming off with some work and slow but its moving.

May my Angles rest in peace.....
Born April 24,2011 Bethanie Marie passed April 25,2011 and Grace Anne passed May 6,2011
pregnancy calendar

uasia17
on 7/25/11 5:38 pm - Boston to Oakland, CA
I had a baby boy and only gained 15lbs through out my whole pregancy and after I had him I lost all of the 15lbs but gained it back because I was breatfedding he is almost 2 and I have lost that and some the only thing I can tell u is jus****ch what u eat and drink alot of water good luck

crystal dewdrops
on 7/25/11 7:33 pm - Australia

Hi

Everyone is different so you will get many different answers. Don't limit what you eat as you need it to grow a healthy baby.

I myself have kept going up and down the same 6lbs. At this appoinment today 36weeks I'm up a whole pound. I would prefer to gain and then work it off after baby is born.

Best wishes
Crystal
SW 113.3kg/249.8lbs (BMI 47.8)
VSG 02/24/10 with Dr Mosse
Weight lost pre-op 9.3kg/20.5lbs.

HHEHEA
on 7/25/11 10:35 pm - ALBANY, NY

Thank you all for your replys.. and ... CONGRATS TO ALL OF YOU...

Dee/Albany/Surgery Date July 16th
HW..241.. SW...226...CW...176...1ST GOAL. ONDERLAND/DONE!!!.. 2ND GOAL.. 140

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views