VGS, Spleenoctomy, blood transfussion, Kell antibody???

dynielle B.
on 8/4/11 3:42 pm - WA
hello ladies,
so i am back on here hopeing some ones knows what i am talking about, or going threw.  ill try to sum this up as quick as possible, during my VGS i had a terrible complication requireing my spleen needing removed now i am a A+ blood type, i ended up haveing a blood transfussion 2 pints. i recovered and lost 104 lbs. of course like many of you i am pregnant, but for the very first time in 6 pregnancy's ive found out to be tested positive for a anti-kell antibody due to the blood transfussion. i am 15 1/2 weeks ( its a boy :D ) mine and hubbys last baby as i have 4 living children. i am scared for my unborn childs life, and very unfamiluar with this antibody.  i will be monitored very close with monthly blood work done to check the levels of the antibody, monitored bye ulrasound very close as well until babys here or something changes right now the levels are very low and my dr is looking hopeful that everything will go well. any one on here thats had a blood-transfussion or kell + have any advice? i fell i am a double wammy with out haveing a spleen as well? thanks ladies in advance. and yes i will be addressing this on my 29th apt with all my worries hopefully he will lay it out in black and white for me and not sugar coat it.
Jennifier1
on 8/4/11 7:30 pm - Weirton, WV
My sister in law has this antibody and her husband is a carrier.  So they have 50% chance of any children having it.  They did the genetic testing the doctors recommended and she ended up doing an amnio to find out if the baby did indeed have it and she did.  They did very close monitoring with weekly ultrasounds and bloodwork.  Her levels started to go up around 30 weeks and my neice was born at 33 weeks.  She got to come home after about a week or two in the nicu but had no complications from the antibodies.  She just needed a little time to get stronger at breathing on her own.  She is now running around like a typical 16 month old and you can't even tell she was born early.  Good luck.
Momma to Alex 1/08/2007
dynielle B.
on 8/5/11 12:42 am - WA
thank you, and bless you sister. ive done so much reading about this antibody and am not finding any good info on it. and i think my situation might not be found with not haveing a spleen and haveing this antibody. like i said i got it from a blood transfussion. my hubby dont have it and neither did i until last year :( but thank you so much it does help to know little guy should be okay even if born early :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1213 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views