Question

RESCUEGIRL78
on 8/12/11 4:15 am - NC
Does anyone know what the normal range is for the Glucose Tolerance test? I was just wondering just trying to see where my level falls.
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
(deactivated member)
on 8/12/11 5:43 am - Woodbridge, VA
RESCUEGIRL78
on 8/12/11 6:04 am - NC
I have googled! I just don't know which one I fall under! Mine came back at 47 which was low, I was just wondering what they consider low.
wyltkamanda
on 8/12/11 9:33 am - rockwell, NC
i would say thats too low
OhButSheHasSUCHa
PrettyFace

on 8/14/11 9:21 am - Spokane, WA
 My blood glucose was in the 350's *way too high*, yet throughout my pregnancy, my blood sugars remained low to normal to medium.  My Dr says he believes the surgery causes my body to digest sugars much differently now and he doesn't believe I was actually diabetic during my pregnancy.

Nature does her best to teach us. The more we overeat, the harder she makes it for us to get close to the table.                      

RESCUEGIRL78
on 8/14/11 9:31 am - NC
I was diagnosed last August with low blood sugar but I managed it with diet. Since my pregnancy it has been way harder for me to manage. Even lately if I eat anything sweet it drops my sugar instead of raising it up. The dr. said he expected my glucose level to be low but I just don't know what the levels are for that test. Now I am either to low or to high and the littlest amount of sugar with spike it and make me sick.
(deactivated member)
on 8/14/11 8:04 pm, edited 8/14/11 8:05 pm - Woodbridge, VA
47 is low by any standards. Dipping below 70 is cause for monitoring, and below 60, cause for concern.

Sounds like you have reactive hypoglycemia - sugar is the DEVIL for managing RH. Steer clear of sugar; for carbs (if you must), focus on veggies and whole grains and things like nuts, and don't eat carbs ALONE - eat them with some protein AND some fat, as this will help to slow the absorption of the carbs, which can smooth out some of the bouncing high and low.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1225 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 853 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1316 views