Weight gain after pregnancy?!

OhButSheHasSUCHa
PrettyFace

on 8/14/11 9:19 am - Spokane, WA
 I gained a total of 45lbs during my pregnancy, all of which came off within a week of giving birth.  I was down to 185.  Now, this morning...I'm up to 195.  I've gained ten lbs in two months, (lose some, gain more).  I'm following the same methods I used before to loose weight...any ideas on why my body seems to want to go the wrong direction?

Nature does her best to teach us. The more we overeat, the harder she makes it for us to get close to the table.                      

A in NS
on 8/15/11 7:15 am
Are you breastfeeding?  Maybe your body wants to keep a little in reserve for that?  Just a thought...

Weight lost since surgery:

OhButSheHasSUCHa
PrettyFace

on 8/15/11 8:51 pm - Spokane, WA
 Because of the surgery, I couldn't stay hydrated enough to breastfeed more than a month.  The breastfeeding I've heard actually makes you lose weight.

Nature does her best to teach us. The more we overeat, the harder she makes it for us to get close to the table.                      

mzicuis
on 8/15/11 12:02 pm
The same thing happened to me..I had my dtr march 31st and only gained about 22lbs..I breastfed for about a month...lost all the weight. Now I got on the scale recently and I am up exactly 10 lbs also...I'm glad you posted this!!!
OhButSheHasSUCHa
PrettyFace

on 8/15/11 8:52 pm - Spokane, WA
 Well, I went back to uber amounts of protein which is always my jumpstart weight loss plan.  I'm down from 198 to 193 in 2 days.  We'll just keep on truckin'.

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1224 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 852 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1315 views