OT: ? for SassySamara

Brooklynnsmom
on 8/24/11 3:14 am - Bellevue, NE
I saw your update the other day...but didn't see anything about your sons mysterious illness.  How is his mouth doing?  Is it getting better?  Can he eat now?  Been thinking about it since I saw your post.  Hope he is doing better.  Give us an update if you can. 

Debbie
SassySamara
on 8/24/11 4:04 am - San Antonio, TX
Hi Debbie! Thanks so much for thinking of me and Emad and to ask. He is better these days but it was a rough and weird go. After his mouth issue he then developed severe constipation from lack of fluids other than yogurt and milk and ultimately we ended up in the ER where he had an impacted bowel so had to get an enema, rectal exam, the whole nine yards. Got sent home with script for Miralax which worked to clear him out but still had hydration issues. However, day at a time and we got through it. He lost quite a bit of weight in that time and he was "sore" in his rectal area from the struggled bowel movement and later excess movements. As for the mysterious illness to hit mouth...the ER doctor after hearing the whole story thinks that it could have either been foot/hand/mouth even though his symptoms only manifested in his mouth and with a fever, no foot/hand rash...OR....there is now a virus that several kids have had that has high fevers, throat/mouth thrush, and no other symptoms, and negative for strep. They did do x-rays while in the ER and looked at his bowels and did the rectal and assured me he had no parasite. It was so strange just because he literally got ill on the way home and never had issues in past while in Morocco. He is fine now though and gaining some weight back, he is at 31 lbs,  and we just have to give him the Miralax once every other day for a month and follow up with his pediatrician. Again. thanks for asking, I really do appreciate it.

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

Brooklynnsmom
on 8/24/11 4:50 am - Bellevue, NE
Glad to hear he's getting better!   Thanks for the update!!!    I didn't see any mention of it on your update yesterday-so I thought I would check.  Good luck on the TTC next year!!

Debbie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1231 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views