32 weeks Pregnant and had ultrasound yesterday!

hockeybabe2u
on 8/30/11 1:07 am - Allegan, MI
Hi everyone!  Today, I'm 32 weeks pregnant!  We had an ultrasound yesterday and everything looks great.  They said the baby is measuring on the smaller side (30%), weighing in at 3lbs 10oz.  He's still heads up but progressing like he should.  During the ultrasound, the tech switched over to 3D a few times and my husband, kids and I all said awwwww and then my 3 year old said awwww, It's NOT cute.....it was so darn funny!....The brutal honesty of a young'en!  We go back in 5 weeks to have a final ultrasound and make sure all is still well!  I was going to try posting my baby bump at 30 weeks pregnant, but having a hard time copying and pasting here......so might have to download to my profile and then post here....but think I will wait until we take the next pictures!  Hope everyone has a great upcoming holiday weekend!

Kerri

Lilypie - (XOJP)Lilypie - (5Vrv)Lilypie - (DpEi)Lilypie - (qPOc)

windowsdown
on 8/30/11 1:40 am
RNY on 11/02/10 with
LOL...love the honesty of a child! Glad everything is going well I know you must be soooo excited to see your baby boy.
imnotknitting
on 8/30/11 2:52 am
Congrats! I can't wait til my next u/s next week! I don't think the measurements are all that accurate. They thought Lorelai was going to be a monster, like over 9 lbs so they induced me on my due date. She was only 8lbs 1 oz (small baby for my family). So they really can be WAY off.

Tina
Mommy to 2 of the most beauiful little girls in the whole universe and still in love with my hubby of 8 years. LIFE IS GOOD!
hockeybabe2u
on 8/30/11 3:05 am - Allegan, MI
Yeah, I know the ultrasounds can be off!  With the past 2 ultrasounds the said 30th percentile......I guess I'm hoping I will have a baby in the 7lb range and not in the 8lb range like my last 2.....but regardless it don't matter as long as he's born healthy!

tnliving
on 8/30/11 4:05 am
32 weeks seems so close yet so far away!! We are due on the same Day! My lil man was weighing in at 2 pounds 13 oz on the 11th of aug. And I go again on the 8th of sept to see how much he has grown. I am glad everything is good with you and baby!! We are almost there!
hockeybabe2u
on 8/30/11 4:17 am - Allegan, MI
Did they tell you what percentile he was in at your last appt?  Do you think you will have another ultrasound after your next one?  It will be interesting to see which one of us has our baby 1st!  My 2 boys were both early (17 & 8 days) and my daughter was born 9 days late.....so we shall see what this little one will decides to do!

tnliving
on 8/30/11 8:52 am
They told me what percentile it was but I can't remember.  I am hoping he has gained a lot by the time I have my next u/s.  My doc has scheduled me for growth scans every four weeks until the baby is here.  so I know I have one in Sept and one scheduled for Oct. 6th. She scheduled them that way because I had the downs syndrome test come back false positive and she says that women that have it come back false positive tend to have small babies so she wanted to keep an eye on him.  I have had an U/S every four weeks since I was 16 weeks!!   I am going to guess that you will have yours first!!! lol  my doc said not to expect to be able to have him before 39 weeks.  she won't let me have him before then.  she says its been proved that children born after 39 weeks do better not only in general but in school as well.  Plus this is my first one and I hear they take for ever to get here!!! lol 
hockeybabe2u
on 8/30/11 9:53 am, edited 8/30/11 10:00 am - Allegan, MI
Hmmm, I question if it's proven that kids born before 39 weeks do better in general and at school?????   I think it depends more on genetics.   In my case, my oldest was born 17 days early and stuggles somewhat with school, but is at grade level for his age (some subjects come easier than others....this is like me in school).  My daughter was born 9 days late and she really struggles with school and is in a grade lower than her age (she actually receives special ed and is more like 3 grade levels below her age).  My 3rd child was born 8 days early and is very much on tract, smart and talks very well for a 3 year old.  I'm not the least bit concerned about his learning or struggling in school.  With that being said, my oldest 2 have a different father than my last 2.  My ex-husband does/did have a reading disability and I think my kids got some of those genes.  My current husband is very smart, so I'm hoping and praying my last 2 will be like him.  I consider myself in the middle.....not dumb.....not smart.  Also, all 3 of my kids have been very healthy thus far with very little sickness.  My oldest 2 did need tubes put in their ears twice with the 2nd time having their adnoids taken out......other than that, they rarely get sick or miss school!

Oh and about being the 1st and taking forever....like I stated above, my 1st was born the earliest at 17 days early!  So you never know what will happen!  They consider a baby full-term between 37-38 weeks and above!

tnliving
on 8/30/11 10:39 am
I know it sounds selfish but I am so ready for this lil man to come on out!!!!  lol  I hope he comes at least a week early!!  lol   But you give me hope that he might I don't know that I agree with my doc either as far as education is concerned but so far she has been a great doc.  She did upset me the other day however!!! lol  I know as a rny patient I really shouldn't drink orange juice but I was craving it like crazy and still do I was drinking the Tropicana 50 that is suppose to have less sugar.  it wasn't making me dump or anything!!  my fasting blood sugar test come back great but she still told me she didn't want me drinking any more oj!!!  I thought I was gonna cry and still think I might!! lol 
hockeybabe2u
on 8/31/11 2:30 am - Allegan, MI
Wow, she got mad at you for drinking OJ?  There is so much other stuff you could be eating or drinking that is not good for you!  I really don't see what the big deal would be to drink OJ, it's 100% juice and if you have the kind with added calcium than bonus!  I enjoy drinking a small glass of OJ when I eat eggs!  I personally don't think theres nothing wrong with it!  Yeah sure, you don't want to be drinking half gallon a day, but a glass here and there would be good I think.....especially if you have a hard time eating fruits during the day! 

I hope for our sakes, our babies come a little early but where everything is safe and they are born healthy!  Good luck!  We are nearing the end!

Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views