yes...doctors can be WRONG!

trouble256
on 9/15/11 9:03 am - Athens, AL
I changed OB's for vairous reasons, and today I had another appointment with the new OB group.  Turns out my Old OB had the WRONG EDD according to my LMP, Ultrasound and a few other conclusions....anyway, my NEW EDD is 10-21-11 and I am having my c-section on 10-18-11.  Jumped a whole 2.5 weeks ahead, and I was soooo NOT ready for that.  Now I feel like i have to go into overload and try to get everything done before baby Caleb gets here.  

On a lighter note, the new OB is WONDERFUL and he isnt 100% sure we will make it to the c-section date.
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
SassySamara
on 9/15/11 2:11 pm - San Antonio, TX
Talk about kismet...day before I leave for India...so...if you still want me to be your angel...that will work!

Lilypie - (8swr) Lilypie - (XAvt)

trouble256
on 9/16/11 12:49 pm - Athens, AL
OF COURSE i want you as my angel!  You were my angel with Claudia and its only right you be it for Caleb....wouldnt feel normal without it!!  LOL however, I dont think i have your cell number in my phone anymore so if you would kindly email it to me so i can add it....or simply add me on fb...which ever.

[email protected]

thanks Samara!!
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
(deactivated member)
on 9/17/11 6:40 am - Woodbridge, VA
Doctors can DEFINITELY be wrong. My EDD was based on an ultrasound because going by my LMP was a difference of almost 2 weeks from what the baby was measuring.

My OB told me to stop ALL my supplements and just take prenatals. Umm, why would I take FEWER vitamins/minerals when I'm now supporting a second life? I did stop my high doses of vit A since that can be harmful to the fetus, but how many women do we see here end up with low iron? Not a CHANCE I was giving up my iron supplements! And my vit D was only 31 at my last labs in July - again, not a CHANCE I'm giving up my D supps!

She told me all of their other gastric bypass patients (BTW, I didn't have gastric bypass...) were "just fine" following her recommendations. Of course, she told me this shortly after she'd just told me that they NEVER run nitritional labs throughout the course of the pregnancy. So, then, I would love to know how you KNOW everything is fine if you're not even checking?! Mother and baby both not dying isn't enough of a "fine" for me  :P

I go to my new OB next week  :)
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1214 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 845 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1307 views