Question for Nursing moms

Lianne C.
on 9/24/11 1:58 pm - Garden City, MI
Have any of you had an issue with not being able to take the weight off while nursing? I know it has been said numerous times that you lose weight while nursing. I have been stuck at this weight since my 6 week follow up and now Alexander is 7 months old! I still have another 40lbs to go to get to pre pregnancy weight, and I am back to basics with the protein and lots of water and still not seeing any budge. I am really starting to get discouraged and down on myself.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Westielove
on 9/24/11 2:31 pm - WA
I have a 6 week old and I am having the same problem. I will continue to BF my sweet baby because I enjoy the bonding we get to do but I am bummed that I am not losing. I have 30lbs until I will be at my pre pregnancy weight. It's a little frustrating.
Ashley 
RNY 9/22/09
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
trustno1
on 9/24/11 10:17 pm - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 01/30/09 with
I am not one of the ones stuck but I have seen a ton of women's weight loss slam on the breaks while EBF.  That said, if you are weaning now,  you may see the WL start back up.  If you aren't weaning, just be careful about cutting calories as that could affect your supply.

Either way, I wish you lotsa luck getting the remaining lbs off - you'll do it I'm sure!

I DID Make It - 135.4 8-1-10!  Now working on post baby weight loss. (All WL post-op - preop got up to 220 from quitting smoking & last supper syndrome.)  5'2"
Paula622
on 9/24/11 11:16 pm
With my first baby, pre wls, I only gained about 18 lbs during my pregnancy.  By the time my daughter was 2 weeks old I had lost it all.  I was so excited to continue losing since everyone talks about how great breast feeding is for weight loss.  As I continued to nurse for the next 9 months, I gained about 20 lbs.  I was so discouraged.  I was nursing, eating well, and here I was higher than the weight I was when I was 9 months pregnant.  This was around the time I started to look into weight loss surgery.  During the time between weaning my daughter and having my surgery, I was able to lose about 30 lbs.  It came off much easier when I was not nursing than with anything I tried during that time.  I guess some of us just have a different reaction to nursing.  Good luck!

~ Paula
219/185/127/121/119
HW/SW/Original Goal/CW/New Goal 
Post WLS baby, born 11/10/11 and 3/20/14

Kimberly Z.
on 9/24/11 11:17 pm - MACEDONIA, OH
Yep this was me. I actually eded up gaining weight while breastfeeding. I have to admit though that I was not good about my diet. If I tried to lower my intake then my supply tanked. This time my supply is better so I am trying to be better but I get so hungry. I had my intial weight loss after birth and have stalled out my goal is to at least not gain and I am going to try to start lowering my calories slowly.
Highest /Surgery/Lowest/post preggo
268/242/143/198
Mom to Eli 11-15-2009 and Olivia 7-2-2011
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
bambif
on 9/27/11 4:14 am - Kansas City, MO
 Hi, I am kinda in the same position, my LO is 14 months though, I had lost most of my weight but then have gained 20 back and I am still nursing.  

I really need to get back to basics with the protein and water but I just keep putting it off.  I know I need to get my butt in gear.  I have 50 to lose.  

When did you start the protein and water back into your routine?  maybe you need to give it more time?  or add another shake?  

Off to read your other responses since I haven't done that yet.

Bambi
Most Active
Recent Topics
Post Preganancy Weight Gain
nko_88 · 3 replies · 1232 views
Procare prenatal vitamins?
liz52408 · 2 replies · 856 views
Glucose test
marianacc · 9 replies · 1317 views